Vent!

Options
So, I had been making some progress...lost 4lbs in a little over a week! Then I bought a new scale...one that is more accurate...and this morning i weigh what i did before I lost the 4lbs. I know it's just because the new scale is my actual weight...and I didn't really gain weight...but it has totally bummed me out!

I'm in one of those "i'm fat anyways so I might as well eat like a fat person, hand me a bucket of lard" kind of moods. So far I haven't eaten anything (about to have a bowl of special K)...but when I get in this kind of mood it's so hard to keep from eating like a cow! AHHHH! I just can't let myself do it!

Replies

• MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    So, I had been making some progress...lost 4lbs in a little over a week! Then I bought a new scale...one that is more accurate...and this morning i weigh what i did before I lost the 4lbs. I know it's just because the new scale is my actual weight...and I didn't really gain weight...but it has totally bummed me out!

I'm in one of those "i'm fat anyways so I might as well eat like a fat person, hand me a bucket of lard" kind of moods. So far I haven't eaten anything (about to have a bowl of special K)...but when I get in this kind of mood it's so hard to keep from eating like a cow! AHHHH! I just can't let myself do it!
  • _Pepper_
    _Pepper_ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! Have a bowl of Special K, then go for a nice long walk.
  • MrsTomy
    Options
    It's Raining!!! :sad: I've been supposed to hike/walk/jog everyday this week but it's rained all but three. And the School's gym is closed until school starts back! :grumble:

40143.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • melissa91971
    Options
    YOU CAN SOOO DO THIS!

Don't give up!
    Keep reminding yourself that you have lost what you have lost!
    If you hadn't lost anything yet the scale would read even more(:grumble: ).
    I know it's frustrating to find out you weigh more than you thought. Just think of how far you've come and can say you've come when you lose it all!

Stay strong!

~Mel
  • Booksarenice
    Booksarenice Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. Have a cuppa tea, water and get out for a walk. You are making positive changes whether the scales show it or not. Put down that fork and spoon right now! Hear me:angry: Don't cave under self pressure! Tea is ready - now go drink it and eat healthy the rest of the day!!!!!!!!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! Have a bowl of Special K, then go for a nice long walk.

Ditto, don't forget you've got to get used to your new scale, and remember o drink plenty of water :drinker:
  • hollymires
    Options
    :grumble: I hate it when stuff like that happens!!

You will start losing again though...you don't look like you have taht much to lose by looking at your picture...meaning...you should be able to feel it in the way your clothes fit in a couple more pounds I bet! I always love that part. It takes me so much longer to get to that point since I have more to lose...but I look forward to have that feeling sometime in the near future!

Holly
  • _Pepper_
    _Pepper_ Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's Raining!!! :sad: I've been supposed to hike/walk/jog everyday this week but it's rained all but three. And the School's gym is closed until school starts back! :grumble:

Got a jacket with a hood? Go! You'll feel a lot better, and you would shower after anyway, right? What's a little rain?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I would stay with the old scale. Who is to say IT wasnt correct and the new one not??!

As far as being fat, I just looked at your profile and I do not see a fat girl. I see someone who is lovely and beautiful. Now pick up some weights and do 200 stair steps.

When it is raining I just pick up 5 lb weight in each had and head for my step. I go up up down down and repeat. I like to do it to the beat of my music and I burn 200 cals in 20 min.

There are TV shows and You tube vids with workouts. NO excuses.....get to work:laugh: :wink: :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options

It's ok I feel like a snack attack has hit me I get like that to the best thing I can think of if you have no workout equipment at home go back to the basics I read this in my women's health mag do the jumping jacks, push ups, lunges/squats, lift gallon jugs of milk or juice if you have any put on some feel good music and get moving. Also if you really want a snack pick your favorite on and have a serving that's what I do I love chips so I eat my serving but agree that after that serving is gone it's time to get my but moving. Hope your day gets better.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I would stay with the old scale. Who is to say IT wasnt correct and the new one not??!

As far as being fat, I just looked at your profile and I do not see a fat girl. I see someone who is lovely and beautiful. Now pick up some weights and do 200 stair steps.

When it is raining I just pick up 5 lb weight in each had and head for my step. I go up up down down and repeat. I like to do it to the beat of my music and I burn 200 cals in 20 min.

There are TV shows and You tube vids with workouts. NO excuses.....get to work:laugh: :wink: :laugh:

I agree with Jeannie.

Even if both scales are working properly, I know my weight is dramatically different depending on the scale I use. I can shift up to 6 pounds between my home scale (which is generally lower - don't I love it :love: :love: ), the gym at work, and the doctors office (which is always the highest - evil scale :devil: :devil: :devil: ).

I would just go forward with your current scale - chances are the 4 lbs lost are real, the scale is just slightly different.

Have a bowl of Special K.. If it is too rainy to walk, try a jigsaw puzzle - this gets my brain off food better than anything..

Hang tough.. you are on the right track.. jb

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • MrsTomy
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm trying to be in a better mood. Hopefully therre will be a break in the rain and I can get outside a bit!
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    hang in ther girlie girl this is the year to get in shape for urself.lol....easy for someone else to say ..i beieve that the support we get is going to help and maybe we can help someone else............:smile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I was going to write the same thing....stay with the old scale.....who knows, maybe that one is actually right and the new one is wrong!:heart:

Dang....I really need to read the entire post....AWTY just said the same thing ...in the same post.....must be the " I have to go back to work tomorrow blues" or something...or just getting old :laugh:
  • Michelle09
    Michelle09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the above posters..stay with the old scale! Also, you could hit the mall to walk if you can't get outside today. Stick with this, you can do it! :happy: