Greek yogurt...I'm new to it.

Options
Ok my friends I have been doing the Greek yogurt thing the last two days. I have chobani Greek plain non fat...and to sweeten it I am using stevia. I am usually not a great fan of yogurt because of texture but is isn't too bad. My question to you all is:
do you eat yogurt?
What brand?
What flavor?
And what if anything do you add to it?
- just looking for suggestions, THANKS!

Replies

• 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    Any organic brand in my protein shakes, yum.

Smooths them out nicely.
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Greek Yogurt! Chobani is the best. My two favorites are the pineapple and the blueberry. Their strawberry is good as well! The texture and flavor of greek yogurt is totally different then regular yogurt because they strain it more. Enjoy!
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon Oikios the best all the flavors, its not quiet as tangy as some of the others I have tried, Chobani is my next fav, the black cherry is really good!!
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    I eat yogurt twice a day and I love it . I usually eat yoplait light and greek dont ususally had anything to it.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Chobani raspberry is my FAVORITE. I also like strawberry and strawberry-banana!
  • bopefas
    bopefas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I picked up 10 at the market Sunday,different flavors,and I'm hooked.They're really good with those 100 calorie cookies like Lorna Doones.I even like the plain.Enjoy
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Fage and i eat a bunch of it

Greek Yogurt + Cheesecake or choc fudge SF/FF Instant Pudding mix + berries = nom nom nom
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Yoplait light yogurt, but I really love Brown Cow cream on top yogurt. I'll have to try Greek yogurt.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I only like vanilla yogurt, and if someone gives it to me, I'll eat yoplait strawberry or something. but now I only eat Dannon Vanilla Greek non-fat yogurt, tastes good already so I add nothing. Plain Yogurt is disgusting, more power to you :)
  • L8yPictureShow
    Options
    I LOVE greek yogurt! Chobani flavored yogurts are so good as well. You should try Kefir. Preferably the flavored ones also. The plain is a little too sour. It's like crack!
  • ecomoma
    Options
    I'm into Greek yogurt as well
    love the texture
    plain is good ;)
    i add a little honey or berries or diced fruit ex. pears or cantaloupe
    but i hope to be able to switch to stevia
    as soon as i get used to it

watch out for the flavored Greek yogurt because it high sugar and low protein
    :happy:
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I eat Yoplait Light Blueberry Patch
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I eat activia light. I use to have light and fit dannon yogurt but i found that when i open them i dont eat the whole thing so i go with activia and its only 70 calories. I like to go with yogurts that dont have too many calories
  • iambic
    Options
    Greek yogurt is awesome-- so much more protein than regular yogurt! I buy the large tub of Fage (pronounced Fa-Yeh), plain, non-fat, and I like to add a little bit of agave nectar. Agave nectar is sweet but lower on the glycemic scale than honey. It is also easier to stir in... I usually add something crunchy, too, like bran buds or granola.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm not a real dairy fan in general, but I use about 2 tbsp of Dannon nonfat greek yogurt in my oatmeal for breakfast.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I love the honey flavored Greek yogurt. According to my Dr it is a healthier alternative to whey protein.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i buy the Kroger brand or Yoplait..its cheap

I put it in my protein shakes, or i use it in place of mayo in my sandwiches. But I normally eat it for my mid a.m. snack with a scoop of protien powder in it. I stay away from the fruit or flavored yogurts because of the high sugar content
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm not real picky about greek yogurt - I like most of it. Yoplait Greek is kind of chalky- blech!

Chobani is really good. Watch out for Dannon/Oikos - the "blended" variety is much higher in calories than the "fruit on the bottom" kind.
  • katietat
    Options
    Hi !
    I love yogurt, I try to eat it at least once a day and Greek yogurt is my go to post-workout food.
    I tried Greek yogurt about two months ago and loved it - the best part is it's packed with protein !
    I personally love the Chobani brand. However, some of the flavors they offer, for example: strawberry banana, mango, and some other have some fat in it. Most don't though so read the nutrition labels.
    My favorite kinds are Chobani strawberry, honey, vanilla, blueberry and raspberry.

If you're getting bored of plain add a teaspoon of cinnamon to your yogurt, or a little bit of honey!

-Katie
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    I eat it basically every day. I get the organic plain oikos and add stuff...vanilla flavoring, cinnamon and, depending on my calories/nutritional values for a given day, add berries, fruit, granola, nuts. Use it as a mini-meal mid-afternoon.