Injured and need some tips!!

Options
So I'm about to head off to the doctor and maybe hospital because of my knee..:frown:
It's bruised in the weirdest way possible and completely drowned in fluid. Like my knee cap is floating around in it. :sad: So.... Because I might not be able to really exercise like I was, I need some good workouts that I could still do, that will help me lose weight without much movement with my knee.:wink:

Please let me know!! It would make me so very happy and satisfied :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights, both free and machine can work? Basically any upper body exercise I would imagine.

Resistance Training - uses resistance bands (large, stretchy rubber bands), secured to a door handle, pole, hook or even the arm of a wheelchair. These are pulled towards or away from you to work muscles. Elbow and leg extensions, shoulder and trunk rotations, back, neck and shoulder pull downs, are all possible with resistance bands. Resistance bands generally come in low, medium and high resistances.

Got that from a wheelchair exercise site, apply it to how it fits your situation.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Doc told me to stick to the elliptical a couple weeks ago. Seems I had overdid it with my knee. The elliptical has fitted that niche. I have also started canoeing on the weekends. I don't float down river, I paddle up and float back down.
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Just got back, found out it's a bone contusion. Several of us still think it's more serious than that. So I guess back to volleyball :)
    Taking it easy on the knee though
  • Fishing4Stars
    Options
    What about swimming? You can get a great workout and it's very low impact. You can even do legs-free swimming by holding a buoy between your knees and bulling yourself along with your arms - that really strengthens your arms and back and takes all the pressure off your injury.