13»

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    DSC03576.JPG
    DSC03580.JPG
    DSC03586.JPG

The only other heels I own. I seriously doubt Ill have time to get another pair of shoes. I tried looking for silver ones, actually, but to no avail.

Yes, I know, black isnt the best match. Generally, tho, Ive always only owned black shoes.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    and thanks, guys, Im glad you all think they both look good in general! Black one will likely be a date night dress asap! lol
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Blue dress, bring a black cardigan just in case it gets cold, and these shoes:

12391256.jpg

*drools over the shoe* That is perfect!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Those shoes are like $39 at Target, every body!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Not sold in stores, tho.
    and $29 lol
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I agree on the blue dress and if you have to go with shoes you already have - I'd go with the black heels. It really shows off your figure nicely.

I love the black dress on you - but not wedding appropriate.

If you have time to get new shoes - invest in a pair like the above. A good nude stiletto - goes with everything and looks HOT!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Not sold in stores, tho.
    and $29 lol

Oh.. lol .. I was only half paying attention. I do know that Tarjay always has at least one good nude pump right in that price range at the store.
  • pedagopractice
    pedagopractice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yay blue dress and heels!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    The blue dress makes you look slimmer and is a great color! (The black one is also awesome, but I like the blue one more)

I don't like either pair of shoes. The boots are too heavy and the shoes cut off your leg at the ankle. I'd go for something that elongates the leg and has a lower vamp. Carry that hot bod all the way down to your toes!

:smile:

This exactly. Blue dress, but with some strappy shoes! :flowerforyou:
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

DSC03586.JPG

The only other heels I own. I seriously doubt Ill have time to get another pair of shoes. I tried looking for silver ones, actually, but to no avail.

Yes, I know, black isnt the best match. Generally, tho, Ive always only owned black shoes.

Hmmm then I would go with pair #2.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    thanks for the help. If I have time Ill def look for some heels at Goodwill if nothing else lol
  • Chicka_Boom
    Options
    Wow, everyone pretty much hit all of the advice I was going to give - YES (big yes!) to the blue dress, not a fan of the shoe options for the reasons stated (boots don't work, booties cut off your leg). I tend to think that the black shoes are too harsh in general with your fair skin and the vibrant blue dress. A nude pump like the one from Target will really elongate your legs, or a strappy high-heeled gold sandal would look gorgeous as well (ETA: keep it simple though, the dress is a lot of look so you don't want to go over the top), and those are common styles so you should be able to find a decent pair of either at a place like Payless or a consignment store. I have a pair of nude pumps that look a lot like the ones posted and I wear them all. the. time. They make my stumpy legs look a mile long. (Mine are Stuart Weitzman, but cheapies should be fine for an evening.)

The only thing I'd add is that I did notice that you seem to be wearing nude panty hose, which I'm really not a fan of. They read very old lady to me - I bet you have phenomenal legs, don't be afraid to show 'em! If you feel like they're too pale or are covered in bruises (ahem, not that I am either of those things SHUT UP) you should try this stuff I use for special occasions.

http://www.amazon.com/Sally-Hansen-Airbrush-Light-Makeup/dp/B00192QCRI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315529249&sr=8-2

It's Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs and it's completely ridiculous but it's basically foundation for your legs. Sounds nuts, I know, but it works - it makes your legs look tan and even. Models & celebs use foundation on their legs (and arms, but that's too much trouble for me) before getting photographed because it makes such a difference. I get a lot of bruises from my crazy workouts and this junk is a life-saver when I want to wear a skirt. You just spray it in your hands, rub & blend onto your legs, et voila! Avoid sitting on any white couches and shower before you get in bed or it'll come off on your sheets, but otherwise I've never had any issues with it coming off.

With or without the dreaded panty hose, you'll look amazing (blue dress, so hot!) & have fun, so enjoy yourself!
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options

http://www.amazon.com/Sally-Hansen-Airbrush-Light-Makeup/dp/B00192QCRI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315529249&sr=8-2

It's Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs and it's completely ridiculous but it's basically foundation for your legs. Sounds nuts, I know, but it works - it makes your legs look tan and even. Models & celebs use foundation on their legs (and arms, but that's too much trouble for me) before getting photographed because it makes such a difference. I get a lot of bruises from my crazy workouts and this junk is a life-saver when I want to wear a skirt. You just spray it in your hands, rub & blend onto your legs, et voila! Avoid sitting on any white couches and shower before you get in bed or it'll come off on your sheets, but otherwise I've never had any issues with it coming off.

With or without the dreaded panty hose, you'll look amazing (blue dress, so hot!) & have fun, so enjoy yourself!

I agree, this stuff is great. Rather ironic that I don't wear makeup on my face, but I will wear this stuff on my legs if the situation merits!
  • Chicka_Boom
    Options

I agree, this stuff is great. Rather ironic that I don't wear makeup on my face, but I will wear this stuff on my legs if the situation merits!

Seriously, I'm always afraid to admit that I use it because when my friend (who models professionally) told me about it after I was admiring her gorgeous gams I was like.. uhh.. you put FOUNDATION on your LEGS? But no, it's amazing.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    as much as Id love to go pantyhose-less, my thighs are too big to be comfortable that way. I will get chafing from my knees all the way up. (also I dont just get the thigh/waist control hose because the dress is too short and theyd roll up from both ends)

I also went with control top because otherwise bloat from tonights dinner at the 'rents may make the dress look nowhere as good as it does at home.

Maybe if the bf and I get into town early enough tonight Ill hop over to Goodwill for different heels, I always see basic nude heels at every goodwill and silver ones.

and, yes, my legs are extreeeeeeeemely pale and forever bruised. My friends call me transparent haha