OK but how do I actually do it???

Options
So, I have read that in order to best take advantage of my workouts, especially for muscle building, I should eat a certain amount of protein and carbs at various times before and after exercise. Here on MFP, for example, this morning this popped up:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BiglewM/view/pre-and-post-workout-nutrition-145602

which sounds great and it is pretty much what I have read before. The problem is HELLO- 1> I am trying not to overeat. Even though I am in the weight-maintenance-build-muscle mode, rather than the weight loss mode now, what they are talking about as a little snack is as much as I would eat for breakfast or lunch. and 2> I have a life- a job, social engagements etc and I'm doing a pretty good job of getting exercise in every day but I don't see how I can possible time the exercise and the meals coordinated like this, at least on a routine basis.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't really think this deep into it. I no longer aim to be under my calorie level, I lift heavy, I hate exercising on a full tummy so I give myself a few hours before. I've always heard that your body uses nutrients more efficiently the sooner after exercise you are so I aim for within the hour. I eat at 6, 10:30, 12, 2:30, 7 or 8 because that's when my body's hungry and I have time. I do plan my meals, but that's because I have to in order to save money.