New here

Hi my name is Teresa and I am new to myfitnesspal. I am a thirty something mom who loves God, my family, singing, Celebrate Recovery, and blogging. I am trying to learn a healthy eating lifestyle, I don't want my daughter growing up like my husband and I did. We were not taught how to eat healthy or excercise and we both struggle with our weight. My daughter is 20 months old and I want her to grow up loving healthy foods and loving to excercise. I have 170 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight and I want to lose it by the time my daughter is five. I would like to lose 40 to 50 pounds by Februrary 2012. I also blog about my Big Life Change at www.thebiblechef.blogspot.com. I stay at home with my daughter and one day I would like to start homeschooling her. I spend my days with her and my evenings at church. It is nice to meet you!

Replies

• jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,648 Member
    Welcome! Good luck with your weight loss. You can do it! This place is great. :) Feel free to add me.
  • Welcome Teresa, my name is misty (auntmister) it's nice to meet you. I have struggled with my weight all my adult life also. I joined this site about two weeks ago and I have lost 5 lbs. It is a great place to have understanding people supporting you. I wish you luck and you can add me as a friend. God Bless.....
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Welcome Teresa. I glad to be friends with someone so committed to her family and God. I was very slim until the birth of my fourth child and then was over weight for about 8 years. I have been obese for about 12. I wish that I had been a better example for my kids when I was in my thirties. Now my husband is 315 and my oldest daughter is heavier than I am. The others are either slightly overweight and working on fixing it or underweight. Good for you for being so proactive while you are young.