Hi I'm new- Anyone else using 3 hour diet???

Options
AmyNVegas
AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
:happy: Hi I am Amy and I teach High School Spanish in Las Vegas,NV. I have been overweight all my life and had gastric bypass about 7years ago. I started at 535 pounds and lost down to 350 but have gained back and lost the same 30-40 pounds over the past few years. I know exercise is the key! I do really well when I do my daily workouts and stay focused. I just started using the 3 hour diet plan which is just balanced meals but you eat every three hours to keep your metabolism going. I would love to find some buddies who are doing this or a similar plan. Thanks!
Amy

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    Options
    :happy: Hi I am Amy and I teach High School Spanish in Las Vegas,NV. I have been overweight all my life and had gastric bypass about 7years ago. I started at 535 pounds and lost down to 350 but have gained back and lost the same 30-40 pounds over the past few years. I know exercise is the key! I do really well when I do my daily workouts and stay focused. I just started using the 3 hour diet plan which is just balanced meals but you eat every three hours to keep your metabolism going. I would love to find some buddies who are doing this or a similar plan. Thanks!
    Amy
  • Renea101
    Options
    I haven't heard of the diet....

Welcome to MFP..... good luck to you.
  • hollymires
    Options
    hey Amy. :) I haven't heard of that diet. I am going to look it up though! I had lapband surgery last Feb and have lost almost a hundred pounds...but still have a lot more to go. I am trying to get motivated again!

Holly
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hi there !!

welcome to My fitness pal... i think your story is very inspiring !!!

i try to eat every 3-4 hours, sometimes its just a snack, but i think its important to keep your sugar levels stable. it helps me not going over my calories as well...

hope you enjoy MFP.. its a great community !!

may
  • Renea101
    Options
    I didn't know it was called the 3 hour diet but I have heard of not going long periods of time without eating for the metabolism. I eat my 3 meals a day and 3 snacks in between and save room for a treat after dinner. I keep all calories on the snacks to 100 calories and meals can be 300 - 500 depending on the rest of my day intake.

Anyway, I think you have the right idea about the metabolism. I would love to offer support if you need it.
  • Bride092909
    Options
    Hi there:

We have alot in common:
    - overweight our whole lives
    - teachers

I'm currently friends with lots of other teachers on here if you're interested in being my friend, feel free to add me

Good luck :smile:

98244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Jackson347
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like a good diet. Good luck and welcome! I havent been here long at all...
    Does it work well? Or is hard to stop constantly eating?
    Thats my trouble once i start, i think whats the harm in one more biscuit!
    Ooops :(
    I am 140 lbs and not happy.
    I really wanna get to 100 lbs by 6th of feb....
    Hopefully it will happen...not much faith :S
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I have to find some well balanced yet high calorie foods to have for snacks. I am supposed to eat 2050 calories a day in 400 calorie increments with a 50 calorie treat. The meals are not a problem I have time to sit down and eat them at my own pace but the snacks are an issue. Especially the morning snack at 9-9:15. I am a teacher and every other day I have a planning period then so I can manage with no problem, but the other days I have class straight through to 10:45 which is way too late to stick to the every 3 hour schedule. Any ideas for healthy calorie packed snacks I can eat in my classroom and quickly? I love apples and walnuts so I can put the two together for a high cal snack with a couple of crackers to round it out, any other suggestions? Thanks!!!
  • Jackson347
    Options
    I have to find some well balanced yet high calorie foods to have for snacks. I am supposed to eat 2050 calories a day in 400 calorie increments with a 50 calorie treat. The meals are not a problem I have time to sit down and eat them at my own pace but the snacks are an issue. Especially the morning snack at 9-9:15. I am a teacher and every other day I have a planning period then so I can manage with no problem, but the other days I have class straight through to 10:45 which is way too late to stick to the every 3 hour schedule. Any ideas for healthy calorie packed snacks I can eat in my classroom and quickly? I love apples and walnuts so I can put the two together for a high cal snack with a couple of crackers to round it out, any other suggestions? Thanks!!!

Why dont you try the small packets of dry fruit like apple as they are small you can quickly pop them in without anyone noticing. You can get them from tesco's i have a bag as part of my 100 cal lunch!
  • Jackson347
    Options

Why dont you try the small packets of dry fruit like apple as they are small you can quickly pop them in without anyone noticing. You can get them from tesco's i have a bag as part of my 100 cal lunch!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Almonds are a good high fat but good for you snack, I also have an avocado fetish which is great for you and high cal - not sure if it would keep ok till that time without a fridge if it was prepared though? Those mixed dried fruit and nut snacks from healthfood shops are also a good alternative and tasty :smile:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    A light string cheese is between 50 and 60 cals depending on the brand!:flowerforyou: