I only have 10 calories left for Dinner?!

Options

Replies

• juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Just stop everything you're doing and go outside and spend half an hour jogging/running three miles and you'll have 350.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that I went over the past couple of days. And I'm not a eat-over-and-then-"burn"-them-off believer. Sorry! It just doesn't work for me.

then I guess you are not eating dinner...

You would rather go to McDonalds and not have supper, than to exercise and have a healthy dinner and keep your metabolism running?? I'm so confused.......
  • autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Eat something healthy and get in some exercise! Skipping meals is one of the worst things you can do because by the next mealtime you are over hungry and overeat. McDonald's has an apple walnut salad, a fruit parfait, all lighter things to look into so you don't go over. If you really must have fries, limit the number. Each fry equals about 10 calories. Good luck!
  • Olive101109
    Options
    Whoa!! Thanks for all of the answers, guys!!!!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oh I hate it when that happens! Either get in some exercise or just have a huge bowl of salad with balsamic vinegar and drink lots of water and tea.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    OMG I just did the same thing! I have my lunch & dinner all packed & here with me, but heard McD's call my name! Oops... I'm now in the hole, but plan on going for a walk tonight, so I'm not too concerned. Planning is key, but sometimes the best laid plans... dam McD's! :grumble:
    Eat something light & start fresh tomorrow, if you're not going to exercise, or hell... just go for a walk around the 'hood, play tag with the dog, swim with your goldfish, dance around the livingroom in your undies, do an hour of kick-azz house cleaning, have sex!! You don't have to "exercise" to burn cals! :happy:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It's simple.

A) Eat and accept the overage
    B) Exercise and eat, don't be over
    C) (The worst choice) Don't eat
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    If you skip dinner how will you get through the night.Have something healthy for dinner,maybe a salad with chicken in it. When i go to mcDonalds I only have a hamburger never fries.If i get a salad it is with grilled chicken and i always bring my own dressing.It takes effort to loose weight.It is not an easy journey.Good Luck :)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Have a light dinner. :) No worries! 300-400 calories over is NOT going to make a difference. Don't stress too much about exercising off those calories, but of course, it wouldn't hurt if you found the time to squeeze in a quick workout before or after dinner. It happens. McDonald's is pretty high calorie, but sometimes (even to me occasionally) it's "worth it." Lol. The key is planning! So next time you're craving McDonald's, plan beforehand! I, personally, don't like their french fries, so I just skip them all together and get apple slices instead with my cheeseburger. If you can do without cheese on your burger, then get a hamburger! There's no reason for extra calories that you don't really care for in the first place. (Which is why even when I have a cheat meal/day I still drink water or diet soda. :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Have a light dinner. :) No worries! 300-400 calories over is NOT going to make a difference. Don't stress too much about exercising off those calories, but of course, it wouldn't hurt if you found the time to squeeze in a quick workout before or after dinner. It happens. McDonald's is pretty high calorie, but sometimes (even to me occasionally) it's "worth it." Lol. The key is planning! So next time you're craving McDonald's, plan beforehand! I, personally, don't like their french fries, so I just skip them all together and get apple slices instead with my cheeseburger. If you can do without cheese on your burger, then get a hamburger! There's no reason for extra calories that you don't really care for in the first place. (Which is why even when I have a cheat meal/day I still drink water or diet soda. :)

Better yet...if you crave a burger...go buy some organic grass-fed beef and make one at home....it's going to taste a thousand times better and you can even make it sort of low-calorie...plus it's not going to be loaded with sodium and complete crap quality beef.
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Try a nice low calorie dinner.

I have a 100 calorie backup for days I go over:

1 1/2 cups of shredded Lettuce, 1 Tablespoon of Fatfree/Low Calorie Dressing (35 Calories)

Maybe a slice of sandwich meat diced up for protein (60 calories)

Put it on a big plate, and spread it thin, trick your eyes! I also sprinkle lightly with Paprika, Seasoning Salt, Pepper

But most of all, don't give up. Tomorrow it will get better!

SP
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Don't skip dinner. Eat a salad and some fruit. As others have said, tomorrow is a new day, so it doesn't matter if you go a bit over today :smile:
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    And I'm not a eat-over-and-then-"burn"-them-off believer. Sorry! It just doesn't work for me.

I don't understand this. Why?
  • Olive101109
    Options
    And I'm not a eat-over-and-then-"burn"-them-off believer. Sorry! It just doesn't work for me.

Well, I did it before, and I just COULDN'T lose weight!! Then I stopped logging my exercise (even if I did it) and I lost 3 pounds.. Hmm...
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that I went over the past couple of days. And I'm not a eat-over-and-then-"burn"-them-off believer. Sorry! It just doesn't work for me.

I don't understand this statement. I full on cannot comprehend it. What?!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this statement. I full on cannot comprehend it. What?!
    It's OK. I don't speak stupid, either.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Well, I did it before, and I just COULDN'T lose weight!! Then I stopped logging my exercise (even if I did it) and I lost 3 pounds.. Hmm...

So just not burning them off is better? MFP's calorie burn is way off, were you wearing a HRM?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Okaaaaay ... but you're not going to work out, log it, and eat those calories every day. The suggestion was that you work out to provide yourself more calories SO YOU COULD EAT DINNER one time, tonight.
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    I am less concerned about dinner tonight and more concerned about your over-eating--by your own admission--several times this week. Look at the bigger issue--you are not sticking to your daily caloric goal. If you want to lose the weight, and do it the "MFP-way," you need to reassess your daily eating patterns. Well, I am not so concerned that I'm going to lose sleep over it, but you get my point...all the best to you.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Don't skip a meal unless you are honestly not hungry. Eat your normal planned dinner, suck it up as an overage, and work hard the rest of the week to try to keep your weekly net calories at or under your goal.