College goers!

Options
How do you stay on track of eating and such while going to school? What kind of things do you bring to eat? I started Tuesday and my calories have been extremely low.. I need some tips!

Replies

• MyouTakara
    Options
    Your school probably has their nutrition information somewhere. Look it up and go by that. How are you getting LOW?? I keep going over...
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    Your school probably has their nutrition information somewhere. Look it up and go by that. How are you getting LOW?? I keep going over...

Because I'm not eating anything lol.
  • SnuggieMeeko
    SnuggieMeeko Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think that because I log what food I eat I tend to keep that in mind when getting food. I think to myself "Do I really want to log a piece of pizza?" Normally I don't! Also I try to reming myself of what foods will help me reach my weight goal and what ones wont. Like do I really want to go workout at the gym just so I can eat pizza and weigh the same? No, I want to workout to burn off fat not keep it the same!! It's hard to stay postive. But I to let myself have some sweet stuff sometimes - I try really hard to plan around it! Stay strong!
  • MyouTakara
    Options
    ...and that is NOT how you lose weight. -_- That's how you become anorexic. Just aim for the number mypoints gives you, and eat your exercise calories. Your school probably has a free gym?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Hey! I am a junior at ISU :] also a dietetics major :]

are you in the dorms?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    what i eat during class: almonds (very calorie dense), granola bars (again, high density), greek yogurt if you can get to a fridge, fruit, peanut butter sandwiches. i usually keep a tally in my mind of what i've eaten, then log it as soon as i get time.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I, too, have a harder time making my calorie goal when school is in session. I live off campus, but it's a 40 minute drive home. I try to get my classes as close to one another as I can so I don't have to kill time in town. So when I get on campus, I'm pretty much in class the whole time. it's not easy to make room to eat in that 10 minute break between classes.

Take today, for example. I was in class for the better part of the day. If I hadn't had the fries at Wendy's (which I was originally planning on a side salad) and if I hadn't snagged a slice of cake when I got home, I'd be like 800 calories under my goal for today.

I think I'm going to pack snacks in my purse to munch on during lectures (can't eat during labs). Ziploc of baby carrots. Maybe some grapes or almonds.
  • peggie600
    peggie600 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try keeping Special K bars on you. That is what I do. They are a great snack and only 90 calories each.
  • ckoltun30
    Options
    Apples with peanut butter are great. I also eat veggies with light ranch dressing, popcorn, nuts, fiber 1 bars, oranges, and bananas. To keep yourself full for a longer period of time, it helps to eat fruit and fiber in the morning, such as oatmeal or quaker oatmeal squares cereal. I don't get hungry until late afternoon usually. Hope this helps! Good Luck! :)
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    ...and that is NOT how you lose weight. -_- That's how you become anorexic. Just aim for the number mypoints gives you, and eat your exercise calories. Your school probably has a free gym?
    I know, why else would i be asking tips?
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I agree it's SO hard to meet calorie goals when school has started. I feel so drained from it because of the amount of exercise involved in my gym class then walking around campus. I ate fries the other night on the way from one campus to the other ( there in two different towns lol ) if I hadn't I wouldn't have made it past 400 calories for the entire day xp that isn't okay.
    I have made peanut butter my best friend lately though lol also bagels. Granola bars are great and I think someone mentioned almonds.