I've been a bad, bad girl...

So, my kids and I have been sick these last 2 weeks. I stay home with them, so it's hard to get things done when they're not feeling well. We started off with me vomitting last Monday, followed by my son having a sinus infection Tuesday, and my daughter Friday. Weekend went pretty well, I thought everyone was on the upswing. Monday came and my son came down with a high fever again, and more vomitting. Tuesday he still had the fever. Wednesday he woke up with a terrible rash over his whole body. He's feeling fine though. Wednesday night, I started running a fever. Today, I still have a fever and he still has a rash.

Enough complaining. Here's why I was bad... I haven't exercised since Tuesday, I was eating okay, but not today. I've eaten a granola bar, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, and some chips. Not good.

So, TOMORROW - I need friends to kick my butt! Tell me to get off my *kitten* and exercise, to eat healthy, etc. I was doing really well with exercising every day and eating right for the previous month. I don't want to undo all the habits I've gotten myself into!

PLEASE add me as a friend (message please) and help me on this journey!!! Thanks in advance for the butt-kicking tomorrow!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    umm..
    yeah, I was expecting something totally different, with pics.

But I will add ya anyway...
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    umm..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

To the OP ~ its not a good idea to exercise when you're sick. You'll get your body temp up and make yourself worse, plus you need all your energy to fend off the infection. So dont feel too bad about not exercising :) When you're sick all you can do is watch what you eat ~ an if you were puking you probly didnt get many calories any way :(
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,978 Member
    umm..

Got ya to read it though, didn't it?!?! :wink:

And thank you!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Wow that's a lot to go thru at once!! My daughter had the fever, rash etc 2 weeks ago and it wound up being strep. She had just barely gone back to school the week before too lol I swear they are lil carriers of gunk!
  • Got me to read it - and I too was expecting to see pics - Although the one I saw made me think your screen name is wrong, I guess Hotmamanow was taken?
  • ThePhoenixRose
    Got me to read it - and I too was expecting to see pics - Although the one I saw made me think your screen name is wrong, I guess Hotmamanow was taken?

Thank you! The current pic - leather pants/snake skin top (all fake, naturally!) is my goal. That was 10 years ago! Hoping I'll be back there again by New Years!
  • yikes....don't be soo hard on yourself
    get some rest
    tomorrow is a new day:)
  • You looked great then and I am sure you look great now. I think you would be doing MANkind a service to get back into that outfit,
    I am glad no animals were harmed in the making of it. If I can help encourage you in any way let me know, Friend me if you like, I would love to be friends
  • ThePhoenixRose
    Thank you very much. I'm not entirely unhappy with how I look now, though I know I could look lots better! Here's to getting back to it!!! :drinker:
  • misslauren88
    misslauren88 Posts: 34 Member
    i'll encourage you to try to eat as well as you can (even if you have to force yourself) after all your body needs to be as nourished as possible to keep up. but as far as exersize goes.... sleep is really the best medicine, don't force your body intodoing too much, you may just wind up making matters worse. i'd say wait until this is over, maybe go through a short cleanse, then you can kick your tail into high gear.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    This is why I don't have kids. Well, one of the reasons....

Weigh yourself in the morning. It's the best way I can think of to kick my own butt into gear. It also helps knowing I'm going to weigh myself in the morning...I really want an adult beverage right now, but I'm really hoping tomorrow's numbers will be good. So I'm being good, instead. I hope it's not in vain...
  • ThePhoenixRose
    Thanks for the encouragement and the friends. Shameless or not, it's what I needed! :wink: