RED TEAM

Options
Okay, just finished 45 minutes walking inside (it's minus 21 in Edmonton, Alberta right now).
I don't have treadmill or a gym membership so my fiance watched me to make sure I kept up my pace (when I slowed down he yelled "faster, faster" and made whipping motions).

But get this, while watching me he cleaned (woohoo!)....

May I suggest this become a daily challenge?

I'd rather walk for 45 minutes a day inside (with him cleaning and watching me) then clean each day and fit in exercise.

Go Red Team!

98244.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• Bride092909
    Options
    Okay, just finished 45 minutes walking inside (it's minus 21 in Edmonton, Alberta right now).
    I don't have treadmill or a gym membership so my fiance watched me to make sure I kept up my pace (when I slowed down he yelled "faster, faster" and made whipping motions).

But get this, while watching me he cleaned (woohoo!)....

May I suggest this become a daily challenge?

I'd rather walk for 45 minutes a day inside (with him cleaning and watching me) then clean each day and fit in exercise.

Go Red Team!

98244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Renea101
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC (the fiance cleaning that is) just kidding, great job on the walking.

How about it be a weekly challenge automatically, we can start with 3 times a week for 45 minutes and later we can bump it up?

REDS - is anyone else out there? What do you think of Bride092909's suggestion?

(and yes, I am leaving for my walk in 30 minutes!!)
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds like a great idea!
    It's easier to stay on track when you have to anwer to someone lol

Well, I just finished my 45 minute walk.
    Sunny and 70 degrees here in Alabama :flowerforyou:
  • X_c0nfuZed_X
    Options
    I doubt I could do it daily in winter, Make it weekly?
    and maybe boost it up when the weather gets nicer and its brighter for longer?
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi Fellow Red Members

I love the idea of the walk everyday. I am heading out in my -20 weather in about 30 minutes. With the windchill it is a lot colder than that, so I have to bundle up with extra warm clothes and a face mask but I'm determined to take on the challenge!!!

Remember WE CAN DO IT!!!!

I will report in when I return. Good luck to all.:flowerforyou:
  • Renea101
    Options
    That is the spirit healthier4me!!! Let us know how the walk was in such bitter-cold, yikes!
  • healthier4me
    Options
    Well I am happy to report that I got my 65 minute walk in and did not get frostbite!

It was so nice that I added a little extra time on for good measure. The cold air was invigorating to say the least and I was inspired by all members on this site but in particular to all my fellow RED TEAM members:happy:

Let's keep on keeping on!
  • Renea101
    Options
    You made it regardless of the weather. Great job!
  • healthier4me
    Options
    You made it regardless of the weather. Great job!

Thanks it is always nice to get an extra pat on the back. Now I must admit it would have been a lot easier going if I was walking in your neck of the woods but icy, freezing cold weather and road conditions were not going to stop me from completing this challenge! I say bring on the next one:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Renea101
    Options
    Yes, you can all be JEALOUS of my weather!!! For the record, it doesn't keep the "dreads" from setting in though that is for sure. I still have to drag myself out of the house to do anything physical. Boy, not like it used to be - :, (
  • healthier4me
    Options
    Yes, you can all be JEALOUS of my weather!!! For the record, it doesn't keep the "dreads" from setting in though that is for sure. I still have to drag myself out of the house to do anything physical. Boy, not like it used to be - :, (

I hear you! I have the same love/hate relationship with my dreaded treadmill. On days when it is absolutely to icy to walk outside I force myself to use my treadmill. Therefore, any day that I can get outside I "convince" myself that anything is better than walking inside. Oh the mind games we must play!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Could we get a challenge for two fitness levels? For people like me with a lot to lose we might need to work up to the 45 min. I did 30 on my recumbent bike today but in two 15 min sets. My knees can't take the 45 min walk. Thanks!! And hey how come when she exercised her fiance cleaned but when I exercised my sister sat and played on the computer? Just not fair, LOL! :laugh:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Could we get a challenge for two fitness levels? For people like me with a lot to lose we might need to work up to the 45 min. I did 30 on my recumbent bike today but in two 15 min sets. My knees can't take the 45 min walk. Thanks!! And hey how come when she exercised her fiance cleaned but when I exercised my sister sat and played on the computer? Just not fair, LOL! :laugh:

Its funny how it works that way huh?? I work out and my hubby works on his car....not my house!
  • Renea101
    Options
    Absolutely!

Do what you can do and let us know what you did. Anything is a challenge if we haven't been doing it :)

Then, we can start uping the challenge, does that work?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    That works great for me! Thanks!

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • laurynh925
    laurynh925 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just got back from an hour long walk! Already pumped to go tomorrow!
  • healthier4me
    Options

Way to go, great job:flowerforyou:
  • Renea101
    Options

B-A-U-tiful!!! Way to go everyone.

I am checking out for the day but I will check in with everyone tomorrow late afternoon. If anyone has any ideas for a challenge tomorrow, let us know.

Happy Losing!
  • kmdougherty
    Options
    So far I only have 11 minutes! but i will get it in!