Whole Foods - what are your favorite items???

Options
So I'm taking a trip to Whole Foods tomorrow because I'm looking for Black Forbidden Rice and wondered what other gems you all have found there that you love?

Replies

• lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm no help, but I do enjoy their prepared foods (especially the burrito bar) and their ample beer selection. I however do not enjoy their high prices so I don't get over there too often.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    stop by the prepared foods/deli..I love the Sonoma Chicken salad and the Curried Chicken salad. Both are great for protein and can be eaten alone or in a wrap or on a sandwich thin. YUM!

I live on the their Market Salads in the refrigerated section...
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I however do not enjoy their high prices so I don't get over there too often.

THIS!

If they were more affordable, I'd go there all the time!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I always get my PB there because I can grind it myself and it's super fresh.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    everything. Just one piece advice...stay AWAY from the Vegan cupcakes lol Vegan doesn't mean healthy. Had to learn that the hard way.
  • rdmchugh
    Options
    Goodbelly! Probiotic juice drink. As someone who has struggled with digestive problems for YEARS this has been such a blessing! It does so much to help, I can really tell when I don't drink it. I travel for a living and will go hunt down a Whole Foods on Sunday or Monday evening just to get Goodbelly for the week.
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    I haven't been in years but my favorites were the tuna salad (on the salad bar - I could eat it ALL the time it's so good) and their cherry granola (bulk foods).

We call the store Whole Paycheck :laugh:
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Cheese... so much cheese... but I must resist... sadness.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Oh, and the one by my house has an orzo salad w/ pine nuts, dried cherries, red onion, and some sort of vinaigrette... yum.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero is what I stock up on when I go to Whole Foods. The nearest one from me is about 40 miles, so I have to bring a cooler and ice.

150calorie ice cream substitute. My favorite is chocolate, with a serving of PB2 mixed in. A whole pint of peanut buttery goodness, for only 200 calories. And it's got whey protein, and a decent amount of fiber in it! :smile:

But speaking of Whole Foods, I just recently started going there. I love the place! Wish they had one in my town.
  • alaw1119
    alaw1119 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    their natural chocolate peanut butter that you can grind yourself! OMG! amazing!
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    their natural chocolate peanut butter that you can grind yourself! OMG! amazing!

Hmm the one I've been to didn't have choc PB, but I did get the honey roasted fresh ground. YUM
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Uhh what don't I love there?? Their fresh guacamole is TO DIE FOR. They have tons of yummy stuff. I mostly like to buy the bulk product stuff- like whole wheat flour, hummus mix, they have granola and all kinds of rice. Its pretty sweet. The one near me has peanut butter you can grind yourself, and almond butter. They have another kind too but I forgot.
    Needless to say- as a broke college student it is a rare treat to go. My broke a** can't afford it :) Last time I went the guy in front of me had 2 partially full grocery bags and his total was just shy of $100. No thanks.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Peppadeux peppers and sour pickles on the olive bar. SO GOOD and the pickles are LOW calorie!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I can't wait to get there and see :)
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter
    Agave Nectar
    Canned tuna
    Paul Newman's Ginger mints
    Tater Tots ( hubby's fav)
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter
    Agave Nectar
    Canned tuna
    Paul Newman's Ginger mints
    Tater Tots ( hubby's fav)
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    I am in the UK and they are building one about 25 minutes away from me, opening in November, I am looking forward to it :happy: