Cauliflower & Garlic Soup (with or without chicken/potatoes)

Options
Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
OK- here's the general "recipe"

1 head of cauliflower cut up
4-10 cloves of garlic at least quartered (depending on how much you like garlic)
1 medium onion diced
4 cups chicken broth (I like the low sodium kind)
1/2-1 tablespoon of canola or olive oil
pepper to taste (we like white & black pepper together)

sautee the onions & garlic in the olive oil, then add the chicken broth & bring it to a simmer. Add the cut up cauliflower & cook until it's very very soft -

Now - here's where you decide what to do with it.

*Eat is just like it is

*Add one or two diced potatoes (would need to be added to the broth when you added the cauliflower) & eat it like that (small diced celery or carrots can be added too in small quantities)

*with or without the potatoes you can "cream" the soup with a hand blender.

*Whether it's creamed or left with whole vegetables - you can add some pieces of chicken breast (diced small) to poach at the very end of the soup cooking.

Make sure the chicken is done before you eat it!!

There's lots of variations so I can't really put nutritional information here... but it's low fat and healthy, I promise!
You'll have to create your own meal in your food diary depending on how you make it to get the exact information.

Anyway.... You'll end up with anywhere from 4-8 BIG bowls, depending on how you make it & how many veggies you put in. You might need more chicken broth if you add EVERYTHING mentioned.

It's good stuff.... the more garlic the better in my opinion!

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    OK- here's the general "recipe"

1 head of cauliflower cut up
    4-10 cloves of garlic at least quartered (depending on how much you like garlic)
    1 medium onion diced
    4 cups chicken broth (I like the low sodium kind)
    1/2-1 tablespoon of canola or olive oil
    pepper to taste (we like white & black pepper together)

sautee the onions & garlic in the olive oil, then add the chicken broth & bring it to a simmer. Add the cut up cauliflower & cook until it's very very soft -

Now - here's where you decide what to do with it.

*Eat is just like it is

*Add one or two diced potatoes (would need to be added to the broth when you added the cauliflower) & eat it like that (small diced celery or carrots can be added too in small quantities)

*with or without the potatoes you can "cream" the soup with a hand blender.

*Whether it's creamed or left with whole vegetables - you can add some pieces of chicken breast (diced small) to poach at the very end of the soup cooking.

Make sure the chicken is done before you eat it!!

There's lots of variations so I can't really put nutritional information here... but it's low fat and healthy, I promise!
    You'll have to create your own meal in your food diary depending on how you make it to get the exact information.

Anyway.... You'll end up with anywhere from 4-8 BIG bowls, depending on how you make it & how many veggies you put in. You might need more chicken broth if you add EVERYTHING mentioned.

It's good stuff.... the more garlic the better in my opinion!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy....a girl after my own heart.......garlic..garlic..garlic...thanks