Calling all Purples!!

Where are my Purple People Eaters this morning??? How are you all doing? As soon as my daughter gets down for a nap I am gonna start on some more strength training. Is anyone with me? Has anyone been working out this morning??

Replies

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Where are my Purple People Eaters this morning??? How are you all doing? As soon as my daughter gets down for a nap I am gonna start on some more strength training. Is anyone with me? Has anyone been working out this morning??
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    I've been working out all afternoon - on and off :bigsmile:
    Burned up 725 calories so far, got another 275 before I reach my target for today :bigsmile:

I'm just doing dinner, then I'll join you, gonna get my pilates ball out tonight - once I've used my mini bike :drinker:
  • renae77
    Jackie what are you doing to burn so many calories? I don't have the stamina for too much just yet. I had those surgeries last year and never tried to get my stamina back after them so I guess I am working from scratch! :grumble: It's harder than I thought it would be but I am ready for it b/c it will be so worth it!:bigsmile:
  • Hi I'm new to all this. I'm going to ask a stupid question, what is a purple people eater?

In response to your question, if you have snow, cross country skiing is a great way to quickly burn calories.
  • renae77
    Hi I'm new to all this. I'm going to ask a stupid question, what is a purple people eater?

In response to your question, if you have snow, cross country skiing is a great way to quickly burn calories.
    We made Biggest Loser teams on here and I am on the purple team and Purple People Eaters is our name! Did you join a team yet? If not I think there may be time and still room on the red team.
  • Hey I just got back from church, bought to eat lunch and then if my 7 wk old takes a long enough nap I'm going to work out.
  • renae77
    Ok I got my girl down for a nap and I'm ready to do some crunches and all that fun stuff. Anyone else out there with me? I gotta do what I can now. I work the next 3 days for 12 hours a day and won't be on til after 8 pm eastern time. Come on guys! We can do this! And Jackie I know you aren't far from your goal of calories lost! Hi Supermom, lets get this workout in. We have a weigh in coming in 3 days!!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Sorry i'm dipping out tonight, just finished my 1,000 goal - well, I actually did 1,089 :drinker:
    I'm worn out now :blushing:
  • renae77
    Good for you! I just did crunches and lunges and calf raises and some squats! Later when the garage is heated I am gonna get some cardio in. You are doing great!:bigsmile:
  • renae77
    are there any purples on right now?
  • 4real
    4real Posts: 72 Member
    are there any purples on right now?

Hey!!! I'm here, I am going to start on my Jillian wii exercise in a few, then do my crunches. I'll go for a 2 mile walk once DH returns home to keep the twins.
  • renae77
    Good evening 4real! How are ya today? I got in my crunches, squats, lunges, and some free weights and gotta so some pushups and later get on the elliptical and treadmill. Have fun with your Wii. I want one! :frown:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    great job purple people eaters!!!!! Myself and skittles went for a two mile walk and I made us walk up a rough hill. Everyone have a great night. Tamara
  • Hey anyone on?? I just got done cooking my cabbage and bacon soup, its SO good and only 264 cals per serving. I'm just letting it simmer and then we're going to eat! yum!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    I feel like such a bum - I can't believe how much you all exercise. I just joined the 50+ group and some women there are also burning an amazing amount of calories. I guess I am going to have to get my act together and really push (am feeling so lazy). Taking several weeks off because of a cold and then a bad back did not help. I did finally go the gym today, but I am going to take it easy for now. I plan to go to my senior citizen aerobics class tomorrow - the teacher is my age and she is very knowledgeable. I enjoy the music and routines and actually sweat.
    Have a good night all and keep up the impressive work-outs. Purple is going to rule on Wed.!
  • renae77
    great job purple people eaters!!!!! Myself and skittles went for a two mile walk and I made us walk up a rough hill. Everyone have a great night. Tamara
    Way to go you two! Ya'll are making me proud and I ain't tha leader!! Fun fun!!
  • Well I got my power walk in tonight!!! Did 10 minutes longer than I planned! Not on for long, baby is waking up GO PURPLE!!
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Sorry Team, Not much to report on, I just did 3 overnight shifts and when I was done today at 9am I decided to go for a nap... Which was to last 2 hours... 11 hours later!!!!!
  • I'd kill to have an 11 hour nap!!!!

Ok I've officially found my fav post work out snack!! A banana sliced in half long ways, peanut butter spread on top of one side, then line raisins up on top of the PB n then top with the other half of the banana, scrumpscious and it provides protein n potassium for your muscles!