30 day shred everyday??

Options
I started the 30 day shred recently, I did level 1 day 5 today. I have heard a lot of people do it in 30 days with no rest days, which is what I had planned on doing, but I'm getting crap from some friends who say that I really need to take rest days. So is it intended to do for 30 days in a row, or with rest days? what has everyone else done?

Replies

• kissiefish
    Options
    bump.

we just started it. I would love to see the answers too!
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's intended to use every day for 30 days, and at 20 minutes, I don't think it will hurt to do it every day, unless you have knee issues. I'm on Level 3 Day 8, but I'm training for a marathon, so I haven't been doing it on my long run days. But otherwise, I've done it every day.

Good luck!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I did it back in June/July and I think I did it pretty much straight through. I may have taken one or two days of rest. I just finished Ripped in 30 and I did take a least one rest day a week. Now I am doing the Slim Down and it calls for one rest day a week.

Just see how you feel and go by what your body is telling you. Have fun with it! It is a great workout.
  • KiteGirl83
    Options
    It's only 20/30 minutes, so it's not extreme, but it is a really good workout. It killed my knees (more than running, even) so I wouldn't be able to do it every day. But if you listen to your body and know when to back off, you'll be fine. You could always alternate with Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. It's less impact, and still a really good workout.
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I did it daily...I stretched it to a 42 day shred and only missed two days total. Got great results
  • donne103
    donne103 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think it's whatever you can manage to do. I don't have a very high endurance level yet. I've been working out (mostly on the elliptical) for about a month now and just started the 30DS. I am doing it every other day. I know I won't get the same killer results but I'm super, super, super sore after (or I was the first day and not so bad the second).

If i had the fitness level to do it everyday I certainly would, but I'm just doing what works for me.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I did it 30 days straight, no rest days. It's only 20 minutes long. Worth the results!
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies! I am going to try to do it all 30 days, of course if i feel like its too much i'll take a rest, the first 2 days were the hardest, but I feel great now, a little sore, but nothing big! can't wait to see my results, I've looked at all of the before and after pics people have posted and they are amazing!!
  • Leggs3138
    Options
    what is the 30 day shed???
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    its a dvd by Jillian Michael's, there are 3 levels, each done for 10 days for a total of 30, I'm only on level 1 but its been a great workout, and only about 25 minutes! level 1 is available on demand, for me it is anyway, and i am getting the dvd from netflix to do the rest