trying to make a miracle

Options
hi everyone need to lose about 50 pounds. have NOOO idea how to count portion sizes and calories .use to be decent athlete but now im in need of a redo! anyhow, happy losing !!!

Replies

• g8rlex
    g8rlex Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    the MFP app is my lifesaver regarding counting calories. 50 lbs used to seem like a miracle to me but I long since passed that. It's totally doable.
  • DebWasher
    DebWasher Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You first have to start measuring your portions - some things are by serving as on the nutrition information on the package, but when you get into foods that have many ingredients, you just have to make your best guess. The main thing is that you start tracking your daily food, water and exercise. Once you measure for about a week or two, you will have a good idea of how many cups, or 1/2 cups etc. your food is - you may even want to get a scale because many things are listed by ounces.

Once you get that tracking down - even if you are over goal, you will at least know why, and may be able to figure out what you could have had less of to meet your goal. There are many other "changes" you may find yourself making, like drinking more water, eating more veggies, eating less meat and cheese, butter, and oils. But take each step slowly, and don't beat yourself up if you blow it one day.

Miracles do happen - I have lost 72lbs so far since March of 2010. As I get closer to goal it gets harder, but I'm not giving up. You will feel so good when you start loosing - trust me!

I won't say good luck, because luck has nothing to do with it.
    So I'll say - - - GO FOR IT!!!
    DebWasher
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The first few days, keep it simple - things that are easy to count and/or measure. I say this because it's easy to get overwhelmed with all of the changes you are making.

If you are a cook, this site has a great food calculator for recipes. If you input your ingredients, it will calculate your recipes for you. I've added some of our family favorites and it's great.

Be patient and use this site to its fullest.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]10011502.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter