Getting Back on Track

Options
Soo.. I am back to MFP because, sadly, I did not stick with it the first time around, and I have actually gained back the 8 pounds I lost previously PLUS 7 MORE! I am here to start off the new year right, and I have super motivation now - my 5 year class reunion is this year, and one of my friends from high school - who was bigger than me then - has lost over 60 pounds since then! I don't want to be the only fattie there, so I am really going to make it this time!

New Year's Resolutions
1. I will remember that I am worthy of feeling good about myself, and I deserve to take time to take care of my body.

2. I will exercise 5 days a week, even if it involves swearing, crying, or physical confrontations.

3. I will measure my portions, and log everything onto MyFitnessPal.

4. I will weigh myself once a week.

5. I will remember that a bad day does not have to translate to a bad week.

Replies

• GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Soo.. I am back to MFP because, sadly, I did not stick with it the first time around, and I have actually gained back the 8 pounds I lost previously PLUS 7 MORE! I am here to start off the new year right, and I have super motivation now - my 5 year class reunion is this year, and one of my friends from high school - who was bigger than me then - has lost over 60 pounds since then! I don't want to be the only fattie there, so I am really going to make it this time!

New Year's Resolutions
    1. I will remember that I am worthy of feeling good about myself, and I deserve to take time to take care of my body.

2. I will exercise 5 days a week, even if it involves swearing, crying, or physical confrontations.

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You sound like you got your head and heart in the right place! You can do this this time around so don't ever give up! If you need support we are here for you. if you have any questions, ask them and someone will give you a great answer. Keep your head up and don't give in to temptation!
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    :smile: YOU CAN DO THIS......5 year class reunion is great motivation.....I recently had my 50 year one and it was much fun.....:flowerforyou:
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :flowerforyou:
  • hollymires
    Options
    I am getting back on track too! I don't have a reunion...but I am just sick of being fat. lol We can do this!
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Thanks everyone! All the support is so great ... We'll all battle the bulge together!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome, from a "neighbor" in NH.
    Sounds like you've got all your resolutions set, as well as your upcoming reunion as great motivation.
    Since you've been on MFP before, you probably already know that it's better to log your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, as it tends to lead to better food choices. Also, drink lots of water.
    I'd also like to add that exercise doesn't ALWAYS have to be awful and worth crying about.
    I walk almost every day (when the weather cooperates) and also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored. :smile:
  • IUChelle423
    Options

New Year's Resolutions

That's a great plan! I know you can do it! I have two additional ones you might find helpful: having at least 8 glasses of water a day (I'm so much more hungry if I don't) and eating ALL of my fruits and veggies every day (I plan and add them the day before or in the morning so I always know I have the calories for them and remember to eat them).

It also helps to have a buddy that you message at the end of the day to keep you honest and motivated. Feel free to add me if you need one. :smile: