12346»

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I agree.
  • 7Blackbirds
    Options
    I've been on the hcg since last month - on phase 3 now. Eventually, my appetite did decrease - couldn't believe it. Drinking a lot of water really helps as well. Let's face it, 500 calories is nothing, but I was determined to try. After a few days, I got use to it and I had to learn how to eat slow. So far, I have dropped 17 pounds - but now I added more calories on this phase. Good Luck - plus I prayed, too! I'm going back to the drops in 4 more weeks to reach my goal.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

I agree.

I had to rephrase it from "!?" LOL
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I've been on the hcg since last month - on phase 3 now. Eventually, my appetite did decrease - couldn't believe it. Drinking a lot of water really helps as well. Let's face it, 500 calories is nothing, but I was determined to try. After a few days, I got use to it and I had to learn how to eat slow. So far, I have dropped 17 pounds - but now I added more calories on this phase. Good Luck - plus I prayed, too! I'm going back to the drops in 4 more weeks to reach my goal.

i'd say that the prayer probably did more than the HCG.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Don't do it. The last time they found HGC in my body a tiny person forced his way out of my vagina...It hurt really bad and now he won't leave me alone and keeps calling me mommy all the time.
    Perfect comic relief in the middle of all this :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And I agree. Don't do it.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My advice is to give it up, its a scam.

This. The 2.5lbs you've lost is probably water weight.

Once you start actually eating again, you will gain it all back. At 500 calories, you are starving yourself.

You can gain all the weight back no matter how you lose the weight. I"ve lost over 80 lbs eating healthy and exercising only to gain all of it and then some.

Now that I've been on the HCG diet...even when I've gone off of it I haven't gained any weight back. I even went on a cruise and gained nothing...and I ate and drank. The difference isn't how I'm losing the weight, but my attitude and life changes. I'm eating the most healthy meat and all kinds of veggies.

I'm learning portion control and more importantly what works for my body and what doesn't. I know how different meats and especially sugar affects me - it's immediate. Plus, the inches that have come off...I've lost 50 inches since I started in February and that's even with the phase of cheating that I went through (and side note: even with the cheating, I didn't gain any weight). I don't have the sagging fat...it is like I'm losing the fat. Most importantly I'm learning so much about my body.

I have lost 31 pounds the ole' fashioned way, and also learned portion control, what works for my body, and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I don't need magic pregger pee to teach me that.

I can learn that all on my lonesome.
  • rosboss
    Options
    QUOTE from spammyanna-
    I have lost 31 pounds the ole' fashioned way, and also learned portion control, what works for my body, and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

spammyanna - that's wonderful! I'm glad that worked for you. I don't understand why you have to knock or put down other ways to lose weight. I thought we're all on the same path...to get healthier. And if HCG works for me...that's great. After trying for over 15 years to do it the ole' fashioned way, this is what my doctor suggested...and it is working.
  • tshirley69
    Options
    I've been on HCG for nearly 30 days...and will stop at 40. I'm down 15 lbs...and I don't always stick to the 500 cal limit, a little over on some days and I still lose. To those who say it's bunk, or it's not a healthy way to lose...well, i tried the "safe" way...

I was on the portion control plan, counting callories at 1200 calories a day with working out 5 times a week...and over two months, I lost 3 lbs.- that's it. This program resets your metabolism to work differently on burning your fat.

My body was not burning the fat. I injured a knee and couldn't work out for two months and decided to see what HCG could do for me. It works. but, at the end of next week, I alsolook forward to going back to working out, and a modified diet i learned while on HCG. no processed sugar and no starches.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I've been on HCG for nearly 30 days...and will stop at 40. I'm down 15 lbs...and I don't always stick to the 500 cal limit, a little over on some days and I still lose. To those who say it's bunk, or it's not a healthy way to lose...well, i tried the "safe" way...

I was on the portion control plan, counting callories at 1200 calories a day with working out 5 times a week...and over two months, I lost 3 lbs.- that's it. This program resets your metabolism to work differently on burning your fat.

My body was not burning the fat. I injured a knee and couldn't work out for two months and decided to see what HCG could do for me. It works. but, at the end of next week, I alsolook forward to going back to working out, and a modified diet i learned while on HCG. no processed sugar and no starches.

a controlled low calorie , low carb ( no sugars, starches) will do that without the hcg. and cost less
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    QUOTE from spammyanna-

spammyanna - that's wonderful! I'm glad that worked for you. I don't understand why you have to knock or put down other ways to lose weight. I thought we're all on the same path...to get healthier. And if HCG works for me...that's great. After trying for over 15 years to do it the ole' fashioned way, this is what my doctor suggested...and it is working.

If you are under doctor supervision, I think that's great! I don't think anyone should try to do the HCG on their own as there are too many risks. But if that is working for you with your doctors supervision and help, good for you.
    I think that too many people go into that diet thinking that it's perfectly safe and it's a quick fix, and there are so many dangers to only eating that much.

Being informed is the best thing you can be! Good luck!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    QUOTE from spammyanna-

If you are under doctor supervision, I think that's great! I don't think anyone should try to do the HCG on their own as there are too many risks. But if that is working for you with your doctors supervision and help, good for you.
    I think that too many people go into that diet thinking that it's perfectly safe and it's a quick fix, and there are so many dangers to only eating that much.

Being informed is the best thing you can be! Good luck!

195,000 deaths from doctor mistakes in the U.S.(2004 estimate)...
    So, no. It's still stupid.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

My body was not burning the fat.

Yeah, that's not in fact the 'safe way' is it? Working out on 1200 cals, you were way under the recommended calorie level.

You weren't losing because you were busy messing with your metabolism.

Starving yourself does not in fact 'reset' your metabolism. It will simply mess with your metabolism even more.

As to all the 'each to their own' comments.... well, sure, each to their own if you're not promoting an entirely unhealthy and dangerous lifestyle to others. Very calorie restricted diets are dangerous - with or without mystical hormone supplements. This is a very well established medical fact. If you want to screw up your body.... well, I'd rather you didn't, frankly, but if you feel you must, that's up to you. But don't be telling other people it's a healthy choice. Cause you know what? Anorexia works too. People lose weight being anorexic. It doesn't make it a good lifestyle choice....
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options

I'm glad you found success. Really, I mean that.

I'd love to hear from people who lost on hcg - and then kept it off for a year or more. That's where I think the problem is. I don't think it's a healthy, sustainable eating plan for life. If you cut your calories, you *will* lose. But that doesn't mean it adjusts your metabolism, retrains your body/mind, or has the same benefits as regular exercise.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options

My body was not burning the fat.

Yeah, that's not in fact the 'safe way' is it? Working out on 1200 cals, you were way under the recommended calorie level.

You weren't losing because you were busy messing with your metabolism.

Starving yourself does not in fact 'reset' your metabolism. It will simply mess with your metabolism even more.

As to all the 'each to their own' comments.... well, sure, each to their own if you're not promoting an entirely unhealthy and dangerous lifestyle to others. Very calorie restricted diets are dangerous - with or without mystical hormone supplements. This is a very well established medical fact. If you want to screw up your body.... well, I'd rather you didn't, frankly, but if you feel you must, that's up to you. But don't be telling other people it's a healthy choice. Cause you know what? Anorexia works too. People lose weight being anorexic. It doesn't make it a good lifestyle choice....

Quoting this because it is a great post.

I also agree that weight was not lost if all the other poster was eating was 1200 cals and working out 5 days a week.

Eat more, move more, lose more!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to drone on and on about "starvation mode" It's a term too loosely thrown around the boards. The fact of the matter is that your body needs energy. Your body gets energy from food IE Calories. Our bodies are designed from hundred of years of non- evolution to HOLD on to fat stores in a time of stress or when food isn't plentiful. HCG forces your body to use those stores. What happens when you begin to eat? Your body stores fat. Now not only do you have a slow metabolism (body reserving for the next period of not having plentiful food) you will have to rebuild your vitamin and minerals. They are for the most part not storable. It would be great if there was a long term get thin magic way, but there isn't. Take that motivation you have and apply it o working out and eating well. You will be thankful in the long run. Remember its not just about changing your body; it's about changing your lifestyle for the better.
  • danaschmanke
    Options
    you will be fine, just keep plugging along
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    you will be fine, just keep plugging along

Bad advice. :drinker: