Quick advice needed!

Options
I need some advice...I have eaten 2144 in calories today total. But obv. ran 11.22 miles so my net is only 894. I am really not hungry anymore. Is this bad or should I try to eat some more cals?? It is 9:45 PM too here. This was my first 11 mile run so burning that many calories is new to me!

Breakfast was 400, Lunch 727, Dinner 529, Snacks/energy chews 488!

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    If you're not hungry, there's no need for you to eat some more. Just make it up for the next day.
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    If you are not hungry don't eat. It's pretty late now, just don't make a habit of it though. I like to zigzag eat so I eat more one day and less the next.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I would suggest eating something, toast with peanut butter, some salad, just to get something into your body. And just plan for a high calorie day the next time you have a long run like that. Nice run, though! Seriously, great burn!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Just listen to your body! If it says you aren't hungry.. just drink water before you go to bed! Great job on such a run!
  • girlypop
    Options
    Ya i wouldnt bother eating now (you're not hungry, it's late...) no big deal, but I would suggest that for any other big plans of long runs you plan ahead and carb up! Congrats on 11miles btw!
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    Plan to eat enough in the morning--maybe be a hobbit and enjoy two or three breakfasts before 11am. You'll be hungry after a good night's sleep and will need to fuel your amazing running machine. Terrific run! Congrats!!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Just listen to your body! If it says you aren't hungry.. just drink water before you go to bed! Great job on such a run!

^^^
    This!!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I think your good. I run & never eat all mine. I still have 190 to go & I'm stuffed. No more food for me!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I definitely carb loaded today. Breakfast was Peanut Butter/Banana on whole wheat toast (two slices), then snack was a Clif Granola, then lunch was Organic whole wheat pasta, a piece of whole wheat bread, organic spring mix salad with cucumbers and organic italian dressing, second snack apple/grapes, then energy chews before and during the run, oh I forgot to add a Mini Clif Peanut Butter Crunch Energy bar too! Maybe I am ok after all.

I typically don't long run on weekdays, but I have an out of town wedding this weekend so it was today or never! Again, thank you for all the advice, I feel a better about this!
  • sufikitkat
    Options
    My husband is a runner and it seems more important to him that he eats enough carbs before he runs so he is not burning off muscle. Recovery shakes may be good too, you may want to read up on that. I bow to you runners!

Recovery shakes are tough for me to find. I am allergic to Whey Protein so my options are slimmed down since I don't like to overdue the soy protein and hemp is expensive! I am researching more and more though and hope to find something right for me soon :-)
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    SELL!!! Wait- might not have been applicable, but it was quick!
  • sufikitkat
    Options
    SELL!!! Wait- might not have been applicable, but it was quick!

haha!
  • Zeal8
    Zeal8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Recovery shakes are tough for me to find. I am allergic to Whey Protein so my options are slimmed down since I don't like to overdue the soy protein and hemp is expensive! I am researching more and more though and hope to find something right for me soon :-)

How about casein or egg protein? Both are fairly easy to find and maybe only 10-20% more expensive.

Oh yeah, and eat whenever you're hungry =] And there is NOTHING wrong with eating at night or at a specific time of the day, this is such a bad myth people need to stop spreading.

Breakfast is called so because you BREAK the FASTing you were doing all night.