Top 7 ways to keep your cool around really ridiculously good

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2011/08/top-seven-ways-to-keep-your-co.html

1. Remember Your Name
Do you know your name? Are you sure? Say it to yourself in the mirror three times a day. This might seem like overkill, but when you’re in the coffee shop introducing yourself and a friend to the barista with incredible eyelashes, it’s not that easy. Without practice you might end up saying, "Hi, I'm (friend's name) and this is (your name)." Did you think this only happened in movies? I used to, too. Simpler days back then.

2. Keep Your Pants On
I know that sometimes you and I might want to change into comfy clothes at the end of a hard day, and things like "propriety" and "having all your windows and doors closed" are not at the top of our list of concerns. I approve of your confidence and your carefree spirit. I'm only saying that I learned this tip the hard way (I learned all these tips the hard way), and this is a conversation you want to avoid if you can:

Cute RA: "Hi I'm _______, the RA on the next floor, and I'm introducing myself to...did you just have your pants off?"
Me: "I was changing…into sweatpants."
Cute RA: "But your door is open."
Me: "I thought if I was really quick it would be OK.”

3. Dance With Caution
Dancing with guys in bars is pretty much the worst, right? They sometimes like to sneak up behind you and spoon-dance you, like we're meant to enjoy the thrill of not knowing who's back there or what’s happening. If you are so lucky as to link up with an amazing-looking guy who seems familiar with the idea of tempo, cherish this moment! But maybe don’t be too enthusiastic with the “getting low”? Sometimes guys fall doing that. And then you fall on top of them. Not in a hot way, either.

4. Listen Closely and Yell
Have you ever noticed that it's hardest to hear and be heard when you are talking to someone gorgeous in a public place? It's because that person's beauty is swarming around his head like a cloud of sex appeal in which words themselves get seduced and lost. He's all, "So, do you come here often?" and you're all, "What?" and he's all, "DO YOU COME HERE OFTEN." and you're all "Sure, another martini!" and he's all "No, it’s MARK." Just keep yelling. You have to yell at hot people. Nicely.

5. Never Stop Smiling
I would never suggest that you fake laughter (or anything else). But doesn't everything just seem a little more funny and charming coming out of the mouth of a really good-looking person? I think it's because of the way their mouths move. Look at those sparkling teeth! How could anything less than amazing come out of there? It's like a cavern of little miracles. Smile at it. Reward it just for existing.

6. Remember That You're Really Ridiculously Good-Looking, Too
This is the one thing that's really supposed to help us and remind us that everyone's probably more scared of us than we are of them. He might look like James Bond, but you look like a Bond girl. (With a more complete personality.) But I don't know, what about when you run into stuff? Does this mantra still work then?

7. Try Not to Run Into Stuff
It’s hard, I know. There is stuff all over the place.

I laughed so hard when I read this. I've totally done number one, and people still call me out on it!

Replies

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    hilarious!!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    :noway: "They sometimes like to sneak up behind you and spoon-dance you, like we're meant to enjoy the thrill of not knowing who's back there or what’s happening." :huh:

That is absolutely the truest statement I've read in forever! Ha!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2011/08/top-seven-ways-to-keep-your-co.html

1. Remember Your Name
    Do you know your name? Are you sure? Say it to yourself in the mirror three times a day. This might seem like overkill, but when you’re in the coffee shop introducing yourself and a friend to the barista with incredible eyelashes, it’s not that easy. Without practice you might end up saying, "Hi, I'm (friend's name) and this is (your name)." Did you think this only happened in movies? I used to, too. Simpler days back then.

2. Keep Your Pants On
    I know that sometimes you and I might want to change into comfy clothes at the end of a hard day, and things like "propriety" and "having all your windows and doors closed" are not at the top of our list of concerns. I approve of your confidence and your carefree spirit. I'm only saying that I learned this tip the hard way (I learned all these tips the hard way), and this is a conversation you want to avoid if you can:

Cute RA: "Hi I'm _______, the RA on the next floor, and I'm introducing myself to...did you just have your pants off?"
    Me: "I was changing…into sweatpants."
    Cute RA: "But your door is open."
    Me: "I thought if I was really quick it would be OK.”

3. Dance With Caution
    Dancing with guys in bars is pretty much the worst, right? They sometimes like to sneak up behind you and spoon-dance you, like we're meant to enjoy the thrill of not knowing who's back there or what’s happening. If you are so lucky as to link up with an amazing-looking guy who seems familiar with the idea of tempo, cherish this moment! But maybe don’t be too enthusiastic with the “getting low”? Sometimes guys fall doing that. And then you fall on top of them. Not in a hot way, either.

4. Listen Closely and Yell
    Have you ever noticed that it's hardest to hear and be heard when you are talking to someone gorgeous in a public place? It's because that person's beauty is swarming around his head like a cloud of sex appeal in which words themselves get seduced and lost. He's all, "So, do you come here often?" and you're all, "What?" and he's all, "DO YOU COME HERE OFTEN." and you're all "Sure, another martini!" and he's all "No, it’s MARK." Just keep yelling. You have to yell at hot people. Nicely.

5. Never Stop Smiling
    I would never suggest that you fake laughter (or anything else). But doesn't everything just seem a little more funny and charming coming out of the mouth of a really good-looking person? I think it's because of the way their mouths move. Look at those sparkling teeth! How could anything less than amazing come out of there? It's like a cavern of little miracles. Smile at it. Reward it just for existing.

6. Remember That You're Really Ridiculously Good-Looking, Too
    This is the one thing that's really supposed to help us and remind us that everyone's probably more scared of us than we are of them. He might look like James Bond, but you look like a Bond girl. (With a more complete personality.) But I don't know, what about when you run into stuff? Does this mantra still work then?

7. Try Not to Run Into Stuff
    It’s hard, I know. There is stuff all over the place.

I laughed so hard when I read this. I've totally done number one, and people still call me out on it!

you peed?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Love it!