If it's after midnight, do you count food toward the next da

Options
I havent been able to sleep well and don't usually fall asleep until about 2am and eating dinner around 5pm, I'm hungry by midnight a lot (understandably). So would you count any food you eat after midnight for the next day?

Replies

• Cinnamonie
    Options
    It's completely up to you. I do bedtime to bedtime.
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I count all the food I eat in one waking cycle as a day.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I had this same question.....I have been counting it for the day before.....I think that sleep is the dividing point for me....
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    From the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep, I count that all as one day, even if it's after midnight.. i'm the same way usually. =)
  • jessicahelene
    jessicahelene Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you consistently do it one way or the other it will be fine. Your body doesn't really care what time you ate it; it's just for your own tracking!! :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    My new day starts when I wake up the next morning.
  • harriet_tubman
    Options
    i don't consider it the next day until after going to sleep and waking up
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    It's completely up to you. I do bedtime to bedtime.

I do the same!
  • Misslissa16
    Options
    I work shift work as a nurse, so when i work nights i count everything i eat after midnight as the next day. But i suppose as long as you are counting a 24 hour period it should be ok.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I count all the food I eat in one waking cycle as a day.

Same. I work nights, so I track from the time I wake up until I go to bed! Usually around 2pm-7am.
  • hopeful23455
    hopeful23455 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i don't consider it the next day until after going to sleep and waking up

This exactly.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    For me, one day is from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. Since I work second shift and I tend to stay up late and sleep late -- I figure it is easier this way than trying to do it from midnight to midnight.

Do what works for YOU.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I've done it before, but I don't like to because that just means I either have less calories for the actual next day or I go over and start counting more stuff on the next next day. It's just a bad cycle to get into.
  • KetoLovingMama
    KetoLovingMama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do :)
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    In the end, there is no definitive answer other than this: decide how you want to count it and count it that way every time it happens. As long as you are consistent it really doesn't matter. The only real problem is if you start gaming how you count these calories by recording it differently each time to make a day look better than it was. Pick what makes the most sense to you, stick with it, and don't worry!
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    No.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I count from midnight to midnight......
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I often eat late - I count from wake up to bedtime (whatever time that is) as one day, so anything I eat before I fall asleep I record on that day.

If I go to sleep and then wake up in the middle of the night and snack, I usually count that toward the next day, but it depends. It's up to you!
  • Aria_Fat_Pants
    Options
    Yes, I do :)
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I agree that doing whatever it is consistently is the key. Personally, I do midnight to midnight, since those time points don't move and having a fixed parameter helps keep me honest. If I'm up later than usual and decide to have a late night glass of wine, I know it's going to count against my calories for the day and I'll either have to eat differently or exercise more to stay within my calories--my choice, but predicated by my other choice to have the wine or snack or whatever.