30-Day Shred - Let's Keep Each Other Accountable

Options
Hi everyone! I bought Jillian Michaels' DVD "30-Day Shred" the other day and I have stared at it, held it, watched it while lying on my bed, and used it as a coaster. I need some MFPeeps to do it with me, to keep me and each other accountable. This group will have ten members, including me, and then be closed. This way, we can all get to know each other and support each other more. Some details:

-The challenge will start on Monday September 12, 2011, giving anyone who does not already have access to 30-Day Shred (from here on out known as 30ds) a chance to get the DVD. Newbies welcome, don't be shy! :smile:

-You will need the DVD and about 25 minutes to devote to doing the DVD every day. There is a warm-up, the exercise routine, and a cool-down. You can use hand weights if you like (mine are 3lbs each) but you can also easily do it with soup cans or with nothing at all. I use a yoga mat as well since some of the exercises are on the floor but, if you are doing it on carpeting, there should be no issue.

-You will be expected to weigh in every Monday (since we are starting on a Monday) and post those numbers on this message board. Your first weigh-in will be Monday Sept. 12, 2011. Other than the required Monday check-ins, feel free to check in with us at any other time for support, encouragement, laughs, or whatever you need!

-In your first post, please include the following: your highest weight (HW), your starting weight (SW), your current weight (CW), any mini-goal weights (MG) you may have, and your ultimate goal weight (UG). Please also include your first name (if you're comfortable with that), your age, and your height. If you do not include this information in your first post, you will not be considered part of the challenge. I have posted my info below to show you what your first post should look like:

Name: Michelle
Height: 5'2"-5'3"
HW: 200
SW: 200
CW: 183
MG: 165 (by Halloween)
MG: 145 (by New Year's Eve)
MG: 135 (by 1/29/12-My Anniversary)
UG: 110 (by the end of April 2012)

So, come one, come all! Don't let the fact that it's the middle of the month stop you! New beginnings can start at any time. Let's get shredded! :glasses:

Replies

• LarChris
    Options
    Where would i get this video?
  • chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    Walmart, Target, Barnes and Noble, Amazon...
  • Tinasmythe
    Tinasmythe Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This will be the third time I have started 30DS...I WILL finish this time!!!! :):):)

My name is Tina
    Height:5'3"
    HW: 189
    SW: 162
    CW: 164 (yes that is a gain of 2)
    MG1: 155 by Halloween
    MG2: 147 by Thanksgiving
    MG3: 140 by the New Year
    UG: 130 by my Birthday 3/8
  • chedeco
    Options
    Welcome, Tina! I hope to see more people join the group over the next few days but even if they don't, you and I can be lean, mean, motivating machines for each other! Looking forward to getting to know you better!
  • Twoody83
    Twoody83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in. I am 1.5hrs from any big stores but I do have ripped in 30. Is it okay to do that one instead? I will get 30 day shred next time I am in the city.

Name: Theresa
    Height: 5'0"
    HW: 150
    SW: 135
    CW: 110
    MG: 125 (by September 15)
    MG: 115 (by Halloween)
    UG: 110 (by Dec 2, my birthday)
  • ginny5775
    ginny5775 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to do this! I've started it a few times but injured my back and a few weeks after, my ankle. I haven't done this in probably a month and a half because of those injuries. My ankle still isn't 100% but my doctor told me to wear my brace on it and I should be fine. I'm just going crazy not working out though!!! So I'm definitely going to need some encouragement!

Name: Ginny
    Height: 5'2"
    HW: 165
    SW: 165
    CW: 150...not positive though, my scale needs new batteries :/
    MG: 130-135 (by Halloween)
    MG: 125 (by Christmas)

I'm also going to keep track of calories around the holidays too because that's usually when I gain my weight back lol.
  • chedeco
    Options
    Welcome, Theresa! Ripped in 30 sounds fine to me! Definitely pick up 30-Day Shred next time you're in the city or order it on Amazon. But welcome to the team!
  • chedeco
    Options
    Welcome, Ginny! Encouragement is what we're here for! Glad to hear you're recovering and glad to have you with us!
  • ginny5775
    ginny5775 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm excited to be here!! :D
  • DanikaDawn
    Options
    Looking forward to everyone's first weigh in! You can do it!

Name: Danika
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 200
    SW: 198
    CW: 198
    MG: 185 (by Halloween)
    MG: 175 (by Christmas)
    UG: 140
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Motivation!

Height: 6 feet
    HW: 291
    SW: 291
    CW: 266
    MG1: 263 By Oct 29th (my brothers wedding, I'm pretty much there, so it would be nice to be down to 260 for then)
    MG2: 246 (17.5 stones) by Christmas
    MG3: Below 17 stones by my birthday - So 238 or less
    UG: 190 - Whenever I get there!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Finally a group I really want to be in! I'm on Day 4 of the Shred .. is that ok?

Name: Jamie
    Height: 5'8"
    HW: 273
    SW: 269
    CW: 267
    MG: 250 by Halloween
    MG: 225 by the 1st of 2012
    MG: 185 by my anniversary, June 23rd
    UG: 150 between Sept. 1st and Halloween of next year

Let's do this!! :)
  • chedeco
    Options
    Welcome, Danika, rosalindphyllis, and Jamie! Glad to have you aboard! Jamie, it's totally cool that you're on Day 4 of the Shred, no worries.

rosalindphyllis - You didn't give your first name. If you're not comfortable sharing that information, that's totally cool. What would you like us to call you?

Feel free to check in here even before Monday with questions, thoughts, ideas, motivations, whatever you think might be helpful. That's really what this group is all about: helping and motivating each other.

I'd love to know where everyone is from so that I can figure out which time zones people are working in. For instance, I live in the United States in Massachusetts, so I'm on Eastern Standard Time, which means it's about 3:00 am early Friday morning as I write this. It'd be helpful to know if we have group members from overseas and/or other time zones so that we can account for that.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe I"ll join...I started at the beginning of the month (but doing one week instead of 10 days...) so I'm a few days into Level 2 now...and for some reason it feels like I twisted my ankle so it's really difficult to workout. maybe come Monday my ankle will be feeling better... I'll just pick up from Level 2 and depending on how I feel do that twice as long or do level 3 twice as long...

And I'm also doing jogging and just started doing Wii Active (just got a Wii!) and plan on getting Zumba for Wii as well. I went through a week/two week stall where I just had no motivation whatsoever so I'm trying to kickstart my motivation again with 30DS.

H: 5'0
    CW: 140
    GW: 120 - I would LOVE to be 110 but I haven't been that since I was 12 or so. lol With my bone structure and muscle I think it's physically impossible to be that small...but I have been 120 before and it was comfortable.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I want in! I bought it about a month ago, and did about 10 minutes of it ONE day, but haven't used it since haha. It was hard! Anyways...

Name: Tiana
    Height: 5'4"
    HW: 197
    SW: 197
    CW: 176
    MG: 171 by my birthday, Sept. 27th
    MG: 165 by Halloween, Oct. 31st
    UG: 160 by Christmas, Dec. 25th

EDIT: I'm in California, so Pacific Time Zone :)
  • chedeco
    Options
    Hi KayteeBear - If you're committed to joining us, we'd love to have you, no matter how far along you are in your journey. This group is for people who are serious about doing the 30-Day Shred every day for 30 days, non-stop. We are here to cheer on, motivate, lend a virtual shoulder to cry on, answer questions, etc. If you are not sure about whether you want to be involved in a challenge group that involves that level of activity, it's okay (your post started with "hmm maybe i'll join..) You also did not provide the information I asked for in my introductory post. I hope I'm not coming off like a snob or a bit*h here. I really would love it if you want to join us. I just want to make sure that the ten people involved in this challenge are as involved and committed as I am and I would hate to turn someone else away if you're not sure this is what you really want. Let me know and please don't think any of this comes from me being power-hungry or rude or anything. I like to celebrate everyone's successes. Hope to hear from you soon!
  • chedeco
    Options
    Welcome, Tiana! Glad you're here! That brings our group membership up to the following (for those of you keeping score at home):

1. Michelle (me!)
    2. Danika
    3. rosalindphyllis (can you explain how stones converts to pounds for me, pretty please?) :flowerforyou:
    4. Jamie
    5. Tiana
    6. Tina
    7. Theresa
    8. Ginny

Only two spots left! Tell your friends! I'm so excited to begin this challenge with all of you! I have some great ideas and hope that you will share yours with me as well! Here's to a healthy weekend before our first weigh-in on Monday! And, if you get a chance, let us know what time zone you are in (it really is helpful, I don't mean to be a nag!) 'Night everyone!
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just finished her dvd! it is awesome and the results are AMAZING! Good luck ladies! don't give up!
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options

rosalindphyllis - You didn't give your first name. If you're not comfortable sharing that information, that's totally cool. What would you like us to call you?

Oooh, sorry. You guys can call me Ros or Rosalind, whichever. I'm in Manchester UK.

There are 14 pounds to a stone, I'll keep everything in pounds from now on!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    This is just in case there is room left! I'll take a photo of my soft flabby tummy too, maybe some before & afters :-)

Name: Laurel
    Height: 5'4"
    HW: 140
    SW: 140
    CW: 120
    UG: 110 (hey same as you chedeco :))