What Diet Plan Are You Following?

Options
Counting calories? South Beach Diet? Weight Watchers? Atkins? Some other plan?

Just curious what type of diet you're all following as part of your weight loss plan.

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    'Eat right and exercise' plan
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I just count calories, no diet plan. Besides my best attempt at a balanced diet :flowerforyou:
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    I'm counting calories as well as doing exercise sessions
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    'Eat right and exercise' plan

THIS. =D
  • mylyhud
    mylyhud Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Medifast. 5 Medifast meals a day and one meal of 5-7 oz of lean meat & 1 1/2 cups of green veg. It really, really works.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    I watch the fat grams a friend is a nutrionist always told me to stay below 35-40 grams a day and you'll lose weight so I don't pay as much attention to the calories. Although I don't go way overboard.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Im just counting calories but taking the things i learned from The Zone years ago and using those...more protein less carbs basically but everything balanced
  • a2canadian
    Options
    Suggestion -- you aren't "on a diet"... everyone is on a diet. A diet is defined as "the types of food a person/animal eats" (thanks google!). What you probably want is to change your diet. Diet change is more sustainable because you can remind yourself that this is a personal and permanent adjustment to the way, amount, and type of food that you eat. Screw "diets" join the "dietary change" movement!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I'm not dieting I'm changing my lifestyle/habits.
    I am calorie counting to get a better idea of what I eat, I have cut out most of the crappy foods I used to eat(Still sneak some in now and then) and trying to improve what I do eat.
    Also increasing my exercise.
  • MarlinsFan127
    Options
    It might be overkill but I'm also on the weight watchers points. I like it better than counting calories because it is based other factors besides just calories. Without it I might eat a chocolate chip cookie instead of a fruit salad. Weight watchers got smart and made fruit free. Good idea.
  • a2canadian
    Options
    It might be overkill but I'm also on the weight watchers points. I like it better than counting calories because it is based other factors besides just calories. Without it I might eat a chocolate chip cookie instead of a fruit salad. Weight watchers got smart and made fruit free. Good idea.

How is this smart? Fruits may contain lots of lovely vitamins and nutrients but they are also quite high in sugar. This is why I eat tomatoes like they are apples (om nom nom... weird!) and try to cut it down to 2 pieces of fruit a day.
  • jmeeej
    jmeeej Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Paleo!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    The "eat what I want" diet. Just stay within my calorie limits.
  • bloodstar
    bloodstar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on the around '3000 calories of whatever I want to eat' diet :D
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Kind of a mix between Atkins and Paleo and Blood Type diet. To me, they are similar. So. . I guess I am mostly Atkins (but with foods that aren't processed much and grass-fed and organic.) The Blood Type Diet for my blood type (O) is almost exactly like the Paleo Diet, down to not eating legumes and starchy foods like that. The main difference I see between regular low carb/Atkins and Paleo/Blood Type is dairy. Sometimes I eat cheese and dairy, sometimes I use unsweetened coconut milk and barely any dairy .. . doesn't seem to affect me either way, so I mainly count carbs and sugars and try to also keep an eye on calories.

I basically like any diet that is low in carbs. Low fat high carb diets never worked for me at all. I do get my cholesterol checked every once in a while and my results are very good, in case anyone is wondering. Been doing low carb for the better part of ten years.

And I am big on weight training. I also do cardio and yoga but my main focus is weight training, it changed my life, even though I am not where I want to be ultimately, I am thinner and in better shape than when I was a vegetarian jogger in my early twenties. (I'm almost 37.)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Count calories. Workout. Try to eat healthy-ish most of the time. Try to eat a minimum of 130 grams of protein.
  • lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm doing phase 1 of south beach right now just to kick start things. I plan on avoiding "fast carbs," thinking about the GI of foods, and trying to keep saturated and trans fats to a minimum and all that when I'm done with this and counting calories. Basically loosely doing phase 2. Also working out, but I have to find something I enjoy and can afford.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    The "eat what I want" diet. Just stay within my calorie limits.
    ^^
    ^^
    This
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers--I find the meetings very helpful.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    The kind where I change my eating and exercise habits for the rest of my life.