Lean Protein...?

Options
This is mainly for the Aussies because I know this sort of thing is heaps cheaper in the USA. Does this look like a good deal? Is it worth getting? Will it help with weight loss and toning?

Just $69 For TWO x 1kg Tubs of Lean Protein Shake Mix – DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR! Perfect For Dieting, Weight Training or Busy Folks Who Eat on The Go! Reduce Food Cravings & Feel Full of Energy! Delicious Rich Chocolate Flavour! PLUS get a $30 Voucher! BUY UNLIMITED SCOOPONS! Normally $179!

http://www.scoopon.com.au/4649

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Just see if you can confirm the usual price from another source. Also, have you used that product before? That's a lot of protein shake if you don't like it.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Well I think it's a pretty good deal, more like half off than 61% as they claim, but not bad. I guess I'm just wondering if it's worth buying a lean protein product. I've never taken anything like that so I'm not sure if it would be effective!
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I find shakes feel don't feel like I'm eating (although I realise this isn't a meal replacement product) so mix them with natural yoghurt and, if necessary, extra cocoa. Add some strawberries or banana (when affordable!) and it's like a morning tea treat.

Can be helpful when you're trying to eat a higher protein/lower carb diet and if you're doing resistance training. Hard to tell how well it would meet your needs without reading ingredients list/nutrition panel, which aren't on the company's website - I'd be looking at the carbs/protein balance and, a personal preference, whether it contains any artificial sweeteners and, if so, which one.
  • myscheer
    Options
    I take Define Womens protein powder and i think its great for adding protein to your diet!

can get it in lots of flavors and for $50 lasts ages!!