Hi everyone! I'm so excited about this site so far

Options
I put all of my numbers in the food diary and i swear this site is going to scare me skinny. I considered going to buy some junk food and then put it in out of curiosity... half of my daily calories ! thank goodness i didn't go!

A little background story for me:
-I've always been a bit bigger and much bigger as a teenager. I was 183lbs by the age of 16 and only 5 feet tall.
-Lost about 30 pounds at 18 years old and stayed there.
-About 3 years ago I stopped drinking and just got on this amazing health kick. I had a great friend who was always my motivator. Was working out a lot and eating amazing! I lost about 20 pounds. Went from 150 to 127 at my lowest(usually stayed around 130). It was the strongest i had ever been and the best i've ever looked or felt in my life. I wanted to be a personal trainer but...
-A year later life happened... My friend moved, I got a job that i sat on my butt yet paying me well enough to eat out, amoung other things causing me to lose focus, and on top of all of this I developed this insane craving for chocolate -worst than the Easter Bunny! ... welp, you know the drill....
-Here I am, about 150 again. Jeans are tight and the old sexy stuff doesn't look right and i just feel like i want to hide.
I have been slowly doing exercises to build my strength back up and i am started to feel a bit better about my body but the cravings!! oh my. What is wrong with me? Again I am sooooo excited about this site. I can't wait to chat with you all and hopefully we can be eachother's cheerleaders!
I've already had a successful day because of this site and i can't wait for more!

btw I'm Jessica :) hi!!

Replies

• wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    hello!! welcome to the free but exciting world of mfp!! the one thing i told myself is i wasn't going to lie to myself anymore. I was gonna take credit for everything i ate. 30 days later... only 7 pounds have been lost but I have gain an awareness that i didn't have before!! feel free to add me if you need some more cheerleaders!!! Best of luck!!! You got this!!
  • debilyn2
    Options
    hi Jess, welcome. I do know for me, I don't crave at all anymore. Multi vitamins, extra calcium/magnesium/ and zink, vit D really stopped mine.

Also I found part of craving is not for what you are thinking, it may be you need water!

I just stopped pop all together,.Loving cold water. I am going to try some good tea.

I am a vegetarian - the dairy. Am very addicted to sugar so have NONE in my cabin. been like this for months. I eat fruit for dessert.

Hey the focus on health is helpful, more than weight loss. Muscle weighs more than fat u know!

ONE day at a time. NOTHING is wrong with you! Glad to see you here.

Debilyn
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    This is a great site, great friends, and the food tracker is awesome, it has defiately made me conscious of what I eat and I think helping me make better decisions.
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP it is a great site for sure. Good Luck on your weight loss journey.
    It is more about a heathy way of life. an being here has been a eye opener for me.
  • lovelyiskey
    lovelyiskey Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    wcasie: Thank you for the welcome. Awesome! & pounds woohoo! that's great encouragement . thanks
    debilyn2: Oh thank you tips thanks. My focus is always on health. I'm always trying to find the way to get what i'm missing in vitamins and minerals..

Enforcer25: yeah, i'm with you! the litteral conformation is awesome already. I'm liking it a lot so far.
    patiencez2: Thank you. this site seems so great so far :)