Starting today

Options
Well yesterday actually! A quick hello to all of you, new and not-so-new on MFP. I've had a couple of successful attempts at weight loss, via Weight Watchers, but after losing weight it creeps back on. Now I'm approaching 60 I'm hoping it will be third time lucky to lose and keep off my excess weight. I've got 18 months before I'm 60 and I want to get down from 14st 7lbs to 11st 7lbs a loss of three stone (that's 203lbs to 161lbs). Wish me luck!

Replies

• drutempy
    Options
    Good luck! I'm new to this myself!
  • CurvyFresherFC
    CurvyFresherFC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome to MFP! It soon becomes second nature logging all of your foods and exercise, and the people on here are one big community, it's really encouraging. Good luck and hello :)
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck to you!
  • steponeast
    steponeast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started Tuesday. Good luck! :smile:
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Best of luck, I am sure you'll meet your goal! Stay positive!
  • funms28
    Options
    Hi, goodluck and i am also starting all over again today :)
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    Good luck! I know we can do this!
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a response. Thank you all so much for the welcome and good wishes. I'm really pleased I joined MFP and it's great to think there are so many of us here together all with the same aim. I'm looking forward to making friends with you all.
  • BrendaK777
    BrendaK777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm just getting started and I am encouraged by all of you. For those who are just starting like me, or seeing the pounds lost by some of you who have been doing it for a while. Have a great day!:flowerforyou: Hats off to all of you!!
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    good luck with your new healthy lifestyle x
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. I wish I would have known about this site when I started my weight loss journey in January. I am almost half way to my wieght loss goal, but since I just started keeping track on here, it doesn't show my progress to date. Anyway, I have heard a lot of great things about this site and I am looking forward to sharing my success story with all of you.

January starting weight--208.8
    Goal weight--135
    September 8 weight--182.0
    Down 28.8 lbs!