Gym!

I'm joining the gym this afternoon, it's been 10years since my last gym visit. Any advice is welcome. I'm so excited.

Replies

• Take it slow. Ease yourself into it. You want to enjoy going back, not rue the day!
  • Don't forget your towel :o)
  • Good luck and enjoy.
    xx
  • Like others have said, ease into it. Best is to start with a bit of cardio to get the blood flowing and once you feel comfortable you can go do some weight lifting.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Congrats! Take the advise others offered about easing back into it. Also check to see about prices & options offered(if you have several available). Have fun! Nothing makes me feel better than leaving the gym after an hour or more of working out.
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Are you having an induction? If you are then you'll get a recommended workout to follow and they'll probably say to give it about 8 weeks and then ask them to give you a new programme (although by then you'll probably just be getting on with it and trying all the machines anyway!). If you're not having an induction see if you can get a member of staff who can take you through all the machines and correct usage (don't want to damage yourself) but it'd be great if you could get a programme devised for you because they'll ask you about what you want to achieve and tell you the best ways to do it.

Good luck and enjoy!

P.S. My favourite ways to start a workout are rowing machine or cross trainer/ellipticalas they both get all the muscles warmed up :smile:
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    I just joined yesterday and I'm starting out by trying a new class everytime I go that way I'll know which ones I like best :)