Does anyone ever feel

Options
2»

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you're failing in something else too. failing to get my sympathy. you are responsible for your own feelings, and whether they can be controlled or boosted with a proper diet and excersise, or with some medication, the choice is yours.

and yes, many here believe in a lifestyle change, not dieting. a lifestyle change means that we change something in our eating and excersise habits such as portion control, working out harder or more often. maybe its counting calories or wearing a heart rate monitor while excersising, but it is not some fad diet that we stick to for two months. change is hard. but the change must begin inside before the rest of the world can see it.

and i have seen depression first hand. depressed people do not go on the internet and ask for sympathy from strangers. they barely speak to anyone in real life. so stop pitying yourself and do something about it.

She was asking for motivation, not sympathy.

Think you made your point in your first reply, yet you post 3 times on her thread... looks like you are the one who needs help.

yup. your right. threads like this make me go out and run 6 miles instead of 4. i do need help.
  • sharonuk10
    Options
    Nope because I am not on a diet .. a lifestyle change for me. So the only thing I would be giving up is eating more healthy and exercising. I do not deny myself foods I want. And I love going out for a walk/jog in the mornings.

Your response both intrigues and irritates me. What makes you assume I am on a diet?

because you are on a fitness/nutrition forum??? making the usual post about how you are working so hard but getting nowhere????

So is this person stating that theirs is not a diet, but a lifestyle change...

Yes I am a lifestyle change NOT a diet. You asked if anyone ever feels like giving up and I replied by saying no I do not as I have nothing to give up. It seems you only wanted people to respond that feels like you do.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Umm.. coffee anyone? Or maybe less ? :drinker:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Umm.. coffee anyone? Or maybe less ? :drinker:

::hugs::
  • AimieStar
    Options
    Nope because I am not on a diet .. a lifestyle change for me. So the only thing I would be giving up is eating more healthy and exercising. I do not deny myself foods I want. And I love going out for a walk/jog in the mornings.

Your response both intrigues and irritates me. What makes you assume I am on a diet?

because you are on a fitness/nutrition forum??? making the usual post about how you are working so hard but getting nowhere????

So is this person stating that theirs is not a diet, but a lifestyle change...

Yes I am a lifestyle change NOT a diet. You asked if anyone ever feels like giving up and I replied by saying no I do not as I have nothing to give up. It seems you only wanted people to respond that feels like you do.

And mine is an eating disorder, not a diet.

This is a forum for motivation and support; it's not really necessary to reply if the topic doesn't apply to your situation as I was looking for some like-minded people.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm done...going for a run...see you guys at the juice bar!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you're failing in something else too. failing to get my sympathy. you are responsible for your own feelings, and whether they can be controlled or boosted with a proper diet and excersise, or with some medication, the choice is yours.

and yes, many here believe in a lifestyle change, not dieting. a lifestyle change means that we change something in our eating and excersise habits such as portion control, working out harder or more often. maybe its counting calories or wearing a heart rate monitor while excersising, but it is not some fad diet that we stick to for two months. change is hard. but the change must begin inside before the rest of the world can see it.

and i have seen depression first hand. depressed people do not go on the internet and ask for sympathy from strangers. they barely speak to anyone in real life. so stop pitying yourself and do something about it.

Bit harsh!
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    This is a forum for motivation and support; it's not really necessary to reply if the topic doesn't apply to your situation as I was looking for some like-minded people.

Can I add you as a friend? I can get you into touch with similar people whom also battles with an eating disorder and many of them have overcome it.
  • maria25428
    Options
    pick your head up, it's easy to fall into that rut.. happens to all of us!!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    all the time. but dont give in to it jus think about how happy u were when u dropped a lb :D then power through it you can do it :D
  • AimieStar
    Options
    Thank you for the kind messages, both here and privately. Some of the members of this site are real gems <3