my first NSV!

Options
I have wanted to start jogging for months but just could not pluck up the courage to do it....running in public?! The thought terrified me! however yesterday I went for a jog around my local park (it was 2mins jog/2mins walk) and managed to complete 30 minutes!
This is a HUGE victory for me and I'm really looking forward to my jog tonight!!

Thanks for listening!! :happy:

Replies

• Monanik
    Monanik Posts: 150
    Options
    Great job!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    That is awesome.... good for you! I know exactly what you mean - I used to wait for cars to go by before trying to jog a little when walking my dog around our block, not any more - this is for me!! Even though your mfp says 5 lbs I noticed you've lost 28 lbs total, that's fantastic - keep up the good work!!! You will definitely feel better, with more energy and walking/jogging will help it come off faster, which is what I have found :)
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Make sure you stretch! Good job!
  • thomasmarnold
    Options
    Great job, you should be very, very proud of yourself. It is the most awesome feeling when we overcome one of our fears. I for one am proud of you!!!!! I hope you continue and I hope you can work it up to where you are jogging the whole 30 minutes and more. But keep doing the baby steps and work your way up slowly.... No need to rush, you have plenty of time. Congrats on your achivements, You are gonna do great!!!!!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Great work, and 2 mins jog 2 mins walk a good idea to prevent injury from going too fast too soon - you must be really chuffed :-)
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! Congrats!! :happy:
  • miss_shinobi
    miss_shinobi Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I love this website the support is really awesome!
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound really stupid now but.... what does NSV stand for? :)
  • miss_shinobi
    miss_shinobi Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Way to Go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!