I'm another newbie:)

tamonthego
tamonthego Posts: 11
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I signed up today looking for a site to help me track my calories/eating habis. This is my "last" shot it feels like. I've tried everything and I exercise 3-4 times a week always but still don't lose the weight. I haven't ever been diligent about my food habits so I know this is the missing link. I'm looking forward to the suport of all of you....have a great day!

Replies

• I signed up today looking for a site to help me track my calories/eating habis. This is my "last" shot it feels like. I've tried everything and I exercise 3-4 times a week always but still don't lose the weight. I haven't ever been diligent about my food habits so I know this is the missing link. I'm looking forward to the suport of all of you....have a great day!
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    this is deff. the place to come :) its filled with amazing people. im sure youll do great here on your new journey.

good luck:flowerforyou:
  • I'm also new to this site I just started a few days ago and I love that it keeps me on track and honest.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I signed up today looking for a site to help me track my calories/eating habis. This is my "last" shot it feels like. I've tried everything and I exercise 3-4 times a week always but still don't lose the weight. I haven't ever been diligent about my food habits so I know this is the missing link. I'm looking forward to the suport of all of you....have a great day!

Hi, and welcome!
    I was the same as you, I tried EVERYTHING, including hypnosis, TWICE!
    I also have a thyroid condition, so, I always put the blame on that when nothing I did worked. BUT, all that changed when I came to MFP, and I'm sure it can be the same for you! MFP REALLY, REALLY works!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • Thanks for the reply and encouragement. I found you're right on putting the food in before you eat it since that allows you to add or reduce if something will push you over. Congrats on your lost weight. Do you mind to share any exercise/food suggestions that have helped you be successful?
    I am ramping up my exercise program and trying to get at least 45 min to an hour in 5 days week. I've lost a 1+ so far but know some is water weight.::)

Thanks again!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Thanks for the reply and encouragement. I found you're right on putting the food in before you eat it since that allows you to add or reduce if something will push you over. Congrats on your lost weight. Do you mind to share any exercise/food suggestions that have helped you be successful?
    I am ramping up my exercise program and trying to get at least 45 min to an hour in 5 days week. I've lost a 1+ so far but know some is water weight.::)

Thanks again!

Hi again. Well, for exercise, I take a walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) and I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored. Depending on what I'm eating each day, I'll dance anywhere from a half hour to an hour total. And once in awhile, when I have something really "bad" like Chinese food, I'll dance several times a day to try to "work off" the food! :laugh:
    As for food, everyone's got their own ideas. I hear alot of the members saying to "change things up" with both exercise AND food, but, I never have. For food, I generally have minute oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast, salad with fat free cheddar cheese and Wish Bone Salad Spritzer Rasberry Bliss for lunch, snacks of either a Fiber One bar or a Special K bar, and or an apple.
    Having the salad for lunch enables me to have a good supper of meat and potatoes! :laugh:
    PLUS, I USUALLY have numbers left to have my very favorite snack around 8:00 pm of Edy's slow churned, no sugar added icecream! I LOVE icecream more than anything, and the Edy's tastes JUST AS GOOD as "the real thing"! :love:
This discussion has been closed.