what hair products do u use for naturally curly hairs!

Options

Replies

• Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Lol...reppin' for my school here...BUT Paul Mitchell Round Trip (I believe it's around 9-13 dollars) is AWESOME. I personally don't have curly hair, but my friend at school swears by it. She always has non-frizzy hair.

And yeah, curly hair always needs moisturizing products....that's what will help keep it from looking frizzy.

A Brazilian blowout shouldn't be permanent, but it will relax your curls for a while. Hope this helps :)
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Also another tip I read online about 6 months ago and never even knew about before... Don't use shampoo, only conditioner. Curly hair is naturally dry and needs all the moisture it can get. And shampoo dries your hair out even more, so unless you feel like you really have to, just use conditioner.

To achieve the look I have in my pic, I wash once with shampoo to remove oily build up and then rinse once with a conditioner and then put in a thicker conditioner and leave it in without rinsing. I then comb the hair out and seperate the curls, then leave it to dry naturally. I then spritz the hair with a water based conditioner in the evenings or the next day to maintain the look.

Check out this website : http://www.tightlycurly.com/welcome

And her book - Curly like Me.

These days I have opted for the Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment aka Brazilian Blowdry. Never before in my life has my hair been so silky soft with no frizz whatsoever. I am totally in love with this treatment and love how healthy my hair feels. Can't recommend it enough.

My sister had the brazillian blowdry, she has straight hair so it just made her hair straighter. I would love to try it. Does it relax your curls though?

I also get the Keratin Treatment!

It's absolutely Great for CURLS too!!! I don't use Gel when I get a a frest treatment... about every 3 months depending how i take care of it.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You got some good advice here! I second naturallycurly.com and to not touch your curls until completely dry. If your hair dries crunchy-just gently scrunch out the crunch.

I use Curl Junkie products - a little pricey but a little goes a long way.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I keep my curlies trimmed pretty short.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I use Garnier products on my step daughters hair as well..I think its called Curl and Shine and comes in a green tube. I apply it to her hair after she washes it, we brush it out good and than I apply it all over her hair and than scrunch it. We let it get mostly dry, than I pick it out and apply a light hold hair spray so it doesn't look wet.
    It you like the wet look, skip the pick and finish with the hair spray.

I would love to have curly hair..perms never take for very long in my hair and neither does a curling iron.
  • jendra11339
    Options
    Also another tip I read online about 6 months ago and never even knew about before... Don't use shampoo, only conditioner. Curly hair is naturally dry and needs all the moisture it can get. And shampoo dries your hair out even more, so unless you feel like you really have to, just use conditioner.

To achieve the look I have in my pic, I wash once with shampoo to remove oily build up and then rinse once with a conditioner and then put in a thicker conditioner and leave it in without rinsing. I then comb the hair out and seperate the curls, then leave it to dry naturally. I then spritz the hair with a water based conditioner in the evenings or the next day to maintain the look.

Check out this website : http://www.tightlycurly.com/welcome

And her book - Curly like Me.

These days I have opted for the Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment aka Brazilian Blowdry. Never before in my life has my hair been so silky soft with no frizz whatsoever. I am totally in love with this treatment and love how healthy my hair feels. Can't recommend it enough.

My sister had the brazillian blowdry, she has straight hair so it just made her hair straighter. I would love to try it. Does it relax your curls though?

The Keratin Hair Treatment doesn't straighten your hair. It helps control frizz and makes hair shiny and stronger. It made my curls behave themselves and not frizz. You have to be careful who you get if from, because you don't want the Keratin treament that contains formaldehyde.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair and condition with Suave, run Suave mousse through, pick and air dry.

Nothing more, nothing less. I live in one of the most humid parts of the country and it doesn't frizz.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I changed my profile photo so you can actually see what it looks like!
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like Suave's Captivating Curls conditioner. I actually use it as a leave-in. My hair is more coily & kinky than curly but it works.
  • iamrobyn
    Options
    I'm a Keratin girl and I use Morrocan Oil inbetween. I have super frizzy curly hair but you would never know that. It's not the cheapest option but even when I sweat or come out of the pool I dont have to worry about the frizzys making an appearance.
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The keratin treatment made my curls looser to be honest, but they are softer and more manageable. Almost like a romantic curl if you wish. I am most happy with mine.

If it doesn't work out for you, the Brazilian Treatment washes out with normal shampoo after a few washes. You would have to use sodium chloride free shampoos and conditioners to maintain it, and there are plenty of purse friendly ones out there. I go for Organix Brazilian Treatment products for the after care.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I've used some Ouidad products... pricey and you'll likely have to order it online, but they work pretty well. Their entire line is dedicated to curly hair.

Lots of great tips here!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I've been using John Frieda Frizz Ease products. Curly conditioner, dream curls spray, gel, and the anti-frizz serum. I brush it all through, and don't touch it until it's dry. Then I just loosen it up a bit if needed with my fingers. I don't even use spray anymore because the other products keep it controlled. I quit using a blow dryer years ago and now "doing my hair" takes just about 1 minute.

I don't shampoo every day because of coloring. I tried not shampooing for about a month to see what it would be like, and it wasn't bad, but my scalp felt really weird and slimy. Plus I like to wash out the products and start ovee, instead of it building up.
  • hssheikh
    hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    awww thank you so much...you hairs look awesome! thank you for ur suggestion! :):happy:
  • hssheikh
    hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your wonderful and helpful tips and suggestions! ill surely try the ones that suit me best! :D you guys r just A.W.E.S.O.M.E! :)
  • cmbradfield
    Options
    While it's wet I use frizz-ease and mousse then leave it alone until it dries on it own.
  • gracemleone
    Options
    I like bumble and bumble, especially the curl defining creme
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    parnevu leave in conditioner, blue magic leave-in conditioner, or 'mixed chicks' leave in conditioner...i used to use mousse but it would leave my hair hard :(
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    1- I never use a brush.. Havent owned one in 10 years
    2- Use aussie 3minute miracle 1x a week
    3- hot oil or Cholesterol mask (avail. at beauty supply store) once a month
    4- V05 Hair dressing - its old school but hydrates and calms frizz like no other!
    5- Organix pomegranate green tea hair whip- Hold like a gel w/o the crunch and defines/ hydrates curls
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I got the Brazilian Keratin Treatment on my naturally curly hair, and LOVE it. For the difference, look at my current profile pic versus the 2 older ones!