5 Eat Right Strategies

kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
This is from Fitness magazine. They had an actual nutrition plan and exercise plan but I think these rules are the key to any kind of weight loss! Enjoy!

*Kistinbee*

5 Eat-Right Strategies

Eat! If you exercise and consume fewer than 1,500 calories a day, it will be too hard to get all the nutrients you need. Plus, you'll be ravenous. (Follow our plan exactly and you won't have that problem.)

Get the right mix of carbs, fats, and protein. The most effective combo for dropping pounds fast is one that is high in whole grains, vegetables, and fruits, contains mostly unsaturated fats from olive oil or nuts, and provides a healthy dose of extra-lean protein from dairy, legumes, soy, fish, and lean meat.

Temper your expectations. Dropping one to two pounds a week ensures that you lose fat, not muscle.

Stay real. Every plate should be piled high with vegetables and fruits and moderate amounts of whole grains, legumes, extra-lean meat or fish, nonfat milk or yogurt, and other "real" (i.e., unprocessed) foods.

Exercise. A combo of cardio and strength training is best. In just one month, you'll lose five pounds -- that's half a dress size (and at least a whole bathing-suit size).

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    This is from Fitness magazine. They had an actual nutrition plan and exercise plan but I think these rules are the key to any kind of weight loss! Enjoy!

*Kistinbee*

5 Eat-Right Strategies

Eat! If you exercise and consume fewer than 1,500 calories a day, it will be too hard to get all the nutrients you need. Plus, you'll be ravenous. (Follow our plan exactly and you won't have that problem.)

Get the right mix of carbs, fats, and protein. The most effective combo for dropping pounds fast is one that is high in whole grains, vegetables, and fruits, contains mostly unsaturated fats from olive oil or nuts, and provides a healthy dose of extra-lean protein from dairy, legumes, soy, fish, and lean meat.

Temper your expectations. Dropping one to two pounds a week ensures that you lose fat, not muscle.

Stay real. Every plate should be piled high with vegetables and fruits and moderate amounts of whole grains, legumes, extra-lean meat or fish, nonfat milk or yogurt, and other "real" (i.e., unprocessed) foods.

Exercise. A combo of cardio and strength training is best. In just one month, you'll lose five pounds -- that's half a dress size (and at least a whole bathing-suit size).