This is so hard

Options
I am trying so hard to be good... Most days I eat everything right.. And I work out at the gym. Ive been doing for almost a month now.. Now I know something is happening because I cant keep my pants up anymore.. And my underwear thats a whole nother story.. lol... But whats hard is I weigh on the scales and I cant get past that first 10 lbs. I keep fluctuating. Its getting so frustrating... :explode:

Replies

• MandiFruitt
    Options
    I am trying so hard to be good... Most days I eat everything right.. And I work out at the gym. Ive been doing for almost a month now.. Now I know something is happening because I cant keep my pants up anymore.. And my underwear thats a whole nother story.. lol... But whats hard is I weigh on the scales and I cant get past that first 10 lbs. I keep fluctuating. Its getting so frustrating... :explode:
  • kmdougherty
    Options
    I know its hard :cry: try drinking more water and maybe changing your workout routine a bit...the most important thing though is that its not always the number on the scale its how you feel and look...muscle weighs more than fat and you can weigh more and still look great! Keep up the good work!!!
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    I have that same problem...don't do what I did...I kept giving up. I wen't the the doc and he did a bmi test and I found out that I was building muscle, that is why I was would lose 3 lbs and gain 2, lose 2 and gain 1...I was so frustrated with it I was giving up. I have heard that the first 10 lbs is really hard, but once you have reached it, it gets easier, your body gets used to it. I have yet to get there, but I will, and so will you. Keep it up, you can do it...Good Luck
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. The scales can be frustrating, so if you can focus more on something else, that can help. I've been working out really hard and have been watching what I've been eating since the end of August. I'm proud of my exercise, and I'm mostly proud of my food choices, but it doesn't take much to move the scales in the wrong direction. I can do great all week and lose a couple of pounds, and then overdo in the food area on the weekend and gain a pound and a half back. :grumble: But, like you, my clothes are fitting better, and I am in much better shape than I was the end of August. People are noticing that I have been working out. At this point, I've maybe lost ten pounds. I started MFP in November, so my ticker shows 7. In order to try and get things really moving, I am stepping up my exercise on the weekends. We just upgraded our cable service, and they have an exercise tv channel. It is awesome. I can do several of those in one day because they are not very long. By upping my exercise calorie burn, I'm hoping that will take care of any extra calories consumed on the weekend. Good luck and keep going. The water recommendation is a good one as is changing up your routine. I try to do both on a regular basis. It will come off, you just have to keep plugging along. Someone on MFP is fond of saying, "slow and steady wins the race". I really think that is true.:flowerforyou:

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your clothes not fitting!! that is a better sign than the scale. Keep up the good eating and workouts, they are paying off no matter what that scale says!
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would suggest using a measureing tape each week to really see a difference! When I find the scales not going down I sometimes find that I am still loosing inches, I could be just gaining muscle from the workouts...

Its worth a shot to try?
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    I have had the same problem. I have been running, or rather slow jogging, and strength training but wasn't losing any weight. I was told by a trainer that as long as I wasn't gaining inches in the places where I usually held weight that it was ok. So I agree that sometimes you have to trust the way your clothes are fitting or measurements and not soely rely on the scales which can put your in a funk when the numbers on the scales stay the same. I have also heard that muscle confusion is a good thing -- so mix it up. :flowerforyou:

118724.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • chickadee10
    Options
    Keep up the hard work!