Measurements

Options
Hi, I'm new to MFP so forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I have a question about measurements. On my Check-In page there is space for neck, waist and hip measurements. My neck is easy to work out, but where do I measure my waist? Above the navel or below? Oh, and as I'm a fella, I'm not too worried about my hips, but I would like to record my chest measurement (to see my moops disappearing!).

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Moops! Best Seinfeld episode ever!

Anyway, I think there's a link/button "change measurements" where you can edit the spots you want to measure.
    As for where to measure you waist, I think the most important is to measure always at the same spot, so that you can track the change.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Learn something new every day! I didn't realize I could add more measurements to track. Thank you!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Yep, key is to be sure you are measuring the same spot always. I usually choose the largest around. You can add as many measurements as you want by clicking on check-in > change measurements> choose from drop-down menus.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Welcome.... I read somewhere that you measure on the navel itself....
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    Regarding where to measure, I've looked online a lot for this and its pretty much all over the place, so I measure two waist measurements and keep track of both, which leads me to next point...

Not only can you change the existing ones, but you can add other stuff you want to track. I actually did this for waist. I now measure neck, hips, waist (pant), and waist (belly button). I figure it doesn't hurt to keep track of more than 3 measurements. I should add chest like you want to. I think some ladies are jealous of my moobs. :wink:
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Spotted my typo, should have said "moobs". Thanks for the information though, I'll see which measurement is the smaller for my waist and stick to that! And I'll check the page to change the categories.