Paxil and Losing

Options
Hi everyone! Does anyone else take Paxil? Its really hard to lose the weight!!!!!!

Replies

• cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Took it about 12 years ago. Wasn't trying to lose weight then but hated some of the side effects (very frustrating sexually, dry mouth) But it worked for the 3 mos. that I took it.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Does anyone else take Paxil? Its really hard to lose the weight!!!!!!

Hey yes I take it! I have lost 12kg's(26lbs) since April, so that may seem slow to some and hardly ever see big numbers on the scale.
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Everyone I know packed on lbs while on it.

THEN when they came off, they got "brain zaps" and had to be weaned off of it for MONTHS.

Google "paxil zaps". Paxil is the devil !!!

www.paxilprogress.org
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was on 80mg for nearly 10 years. All due to post 9/11. I really hate this week.

I am off it completely thanks to some VERY hard work and a determined Chiropractor that got me on Isotonic vitamins.

With my regular doctor I weaned down, monthly by 20 mg, until I was at 20/day. Then it got ugly. Tremors, brain shivers I've heard them called. Oh my stars. It sucked. I went down 5mg at a time until I was completely off them and then had to wait a week until my Chiro could give me something for the anxiety. My regular doc told me that there was nothing she could give me to help with the withdrawals.

She also told me that 20mg = 20 lbs. I am not really sure that I packed on 80 due to Paxil. I think it was more beer and pasta, but I digress.

Bottom line is if you ever try to go off, do it WITH your doc and don't take anything for depression homepathically with it. SAMe ...all those others will make you so sick.

I love my Paxil free life now. I have a sex drive. Yay! I don't feel as bloated and the weight comes off consistently now.

Good luck
    xoxo