I realized water is indeed important in my life, but........

Options
I don't ever want to drink too much, too fast. Or just too much. I believe that it is possible to drink too much water, as well as in too short a time period. I just read a scarey article about a woman that did that. Instead of drinking water throughout the day, she would sit in the evening, and within 2 hours drink 4 litres I think it said. It said she died from doing that. I don't know if it's true, but a doctor or professional would know what is safe.

I've been going on and on about how wonderful water is, and it is. I just hope that each person will use their head and do the research at what is a safe and healthy amount to drink, as well as, when to drink it. For example, I don't drink water while I am eating. Only before I eat and I wait atleast 1 half hour before I start drinking another glass.

Just want all to be safe. God bless all, denise:flowerforyou:

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I don't ever want to drink too much, too fast. Or just too much. I believe that it is possible to drink too much water, as well as in too short a time period. I just read a scarey article about a woman that did that. Instead of drinking water throughout the day, she would sit in the evening, and within 2 hours drink 4 litres I think it said. It said she died from doing that. I don't know if it's true, but a doctor or professional would know what is safe.

I've been going on and on about how wonderful water is, and it is. I just hope that each person will use their head and do the research at what is a safe and healthy amount to drink, as well as, when to drink it. For example, I don't drink water while I am eating. Only before I eat and I wait atleast 1 half hour before I start drinking another glass.

Just want all to be safe. God bless all, denise:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason not to drink it when eating. I'm alittle lactose intolerant so me & milk don't get along good. So water is my drink. Well sometimes wine but I limit my amount of that.
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    I would say 4 liters was too much, 8 -8oz thats not too, and water, you need to flush out fat, ect....
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    That's a lot of water in a short time. 4 liters is about 135 ounces (almost 17 glasses of water) and I can imagine in that short of time, anything in excess can be bad. She probably would have been fine if she spaced it out throughout the day.

8-10 glasses of water spaced throughout the day has been working out pretty well for me. :smile:
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That is alot of water, I guess. But i drink anywhere from 8-12 a day(64oz-96oz)
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I USED to drink a lot of water till I gave up the cigs two years ago, since then my (decaff) coffee intake has multiplied manyfold and my water intake has dropped to zero. :blushing: I am quite happy without but know I should have a few swigs a day .....:drinker: maybe a NYear resolution?????????? :bigsmile:
  • msvallon
    msvallon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am working my way up to 6-8 glasses per day. I drink around 3-4 glasses now. It's a work in progress!
  • keiko
    Options
    I drink on about nine 8 oz glasses a day. Plus between 2-4 cups of green tea.
    I've been a water drinker for so long I can't remember not drinking lots.

I am still wondering if there is a reason to not drink it with meals?
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I just don't because I heard somewhere that if you tank up while youre eating the acids in your stomach can be hindered from breaking up the food and distributing it. I may sip on some. I just don't drink a lot like to wash it down or whatever. I am NO pro at this. I just am learning too. :happy:
    Is there a reason not to drink it when eating. I'm alittle lactose intolerant so me & milk don't get along good. So water is my drink. Well sometimes wine but I limit my amount of that.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Discovering the bennies of drinking water has made a believer out of me. I encourage all to drink atleast 8. I now drink 12 of the 8 oz a day and feel good with that much. I think it is different strokes for different folks though. Some can drink more, but I do think 8 oz is really the minimum for good health, only my opinion though and I am no expert.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

PS it almost made me gag when I first started drinking it, and, I love it now:love::bigsmile: :laugh:
  • keiko
    Options
    I just don't because I heard somewhere that if you tank up while youre eating the acids in your stomach can be hindered from breaking up the food and distributing it. I may sip on some. I just don't drink a lot like to wash it down or whatever. I am NO pro at this. I just am learning too. :happy:

I feel better! I've read that you would have to drink alot of water to disrupt the stomach acids. Unless of course you know you are already low on them. Now I can continue on drinking happily!