THe Scale finally moved!

Options
Dianaka
Dianaka Posts: 48 Member
Hi MFP!
Just wanted to share my little success story...
About 4 years ago, when we had hard time getting pregnant with our second child, my dr. suggested that I loose some weigh... Something clicked in my head and I lost 45 lb on my own, with healthy diet and exercise....
Fast-forward 4 years, we finally had our 2nd boy, and I made a biggest mistake--- let myself loose and was eating whatever was in site... Results are that I weigh more than I weigh when I was pregnant...
So about 2 months ago i found MFP. I did not start right away, just explored the site and read and learn from other people..
I started officially tracking about 4 weeks ago. Although I have a lot of weight to loose, the pounds started coming off slowly, I was encouraged and happy to see it...

Then we had our anniversary dinner. Yes, I ate, I was not as careful as I should have been, but I certainly did not overindulged.... Results" I was back to my starting weight! Are you kidding me? One day and my body reacts like that?????

So, to make a long story short, after almost 3 weeks of "religious tracking and daily dose of exercise, i am FINALLY down 0.9 lbs! I know it is not a lot, but it certainly encourages and motivates me to keep going!
Thanks for reading! Did not mean it to be so long, but just wanted to share!

Replies

• ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the scale finally relented and went down for you. Take some measurements of yourself. I find seeing changes there is encouraging when the scale is stuck. Great work!
  • koutroulakis
    Options
    I struggle with the same slow weightloss. I've been on here for 3-4 weeks with no weightloss. My diet has not been perfect so I am trying to cut out more of the bad. I hope I get a small victory soon b/c I'm losing patience : )
  • audraws12
    audraws12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Even if your diet isn't perfect (it takes time to get it there) make a real effort to start drinking a lot more water. It really helps and is the easiest/cheapest thing you can do to make your body happy. Once the scale starts moving you'll start feeling better about yourself and everything else will follow. It easier to get yourself to work out when you’re not feeling self conscience. It's easier to make healthy eating choices, because your body will crave the good and start rejecting the bed. It just honestly doesn't taste as good as you remember it to be. So congrats on getting that scale to move.. stay with it and watch the number keep getting smaller :)
  • tmpantano
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates over the course of one day a lot more than you would think. Be aware that you might look like you've gained 3 pounds in a day but it's probably water weight among other things. Your safest bet is to weigh yourself once or twice a week.

However, if you're like me and you prefer to weigh yourself daily, just don't panic if your weight goes up when you've been good. :)

good luck darling! Keep your chin and think about living a long happy life for your children and yourself.
  • NicolaJane1313
    Options
    I too have been here for 5 weeks and found that I constantly had to make little changes before I started seeing weight loss! I was eating under my calories - therefore starving myself (I thought I was doing myself a favour eating less) LOL. Now I either eat my exact amount of just above and find I am dropping the lbs again.. I was drinking about 6 glasses of water a day and now am up to between 10 to 12 and find this also helps... In the beginning I had a week of gaining weight and a week of no loss! Everyone's body is different... don't get disheartened - it will start to work for you too!
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have had a similar experience. It is frustrating when you are doing well and not losing any weight. I think mine finally started! I was down this morning so hopefully it continues :) Keep up the good work!
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Gradual, steady weight loss is the most sustainable. Take it from me. My last crash diet, I took off over 35 pounds in no time flat. Fast forward to today, when I weigh almost 80 pounds more!!! Time is our friend when it comes to making changes. :) Keep moving in the right direction. You can!
  • i_like_snow
    i_like_snow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good job for being so dedicated! I'm sure that the weight will starting coming off now that you've found what works!
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau after 12 pounds -- doing exactly like doctor said and just limiting to 1600 cals per day. But I was STARVING all the time! Yesterday, I decided to get serious about low carb and already broke my plateau!! I know it's not for everyone, but after a week of no movement, or even being up some days, I realize I just have to cut the carbs. Done it before with excellent and long-lasting results, but during my divorce, I ate every delicious carb under the sun, and here I am, almost 100 pounds heavier! Good luck as you figure your own way out, but you might want to at least consider carb/sugar restriction. Best of luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!