1st MFP Anniversary

Options
briblue72
briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
Today is the 1-year anniversary of joining MFP. I have lost roughly 53 pounds and I couldn't be happier. While I set out to lose 60 pounds this year, I am satisfied with what I've done.

The calorie counter, the progress charts, the message boards, the incredible amount of support and inspiration from MFP family members... I couldn't have done it without you!

A lot has happened this year. I went on my honeymoon, moved across the country, started a new job, stayed away from cigarettes (almost 2 years now), met new friends, and became a lot healthier. Who knows what 2009 will hold!?!?

The holidays are over, I'm rested, and work starts back tomorrow - - I am ready to move forward with my goals. I want to wear dresses this summer. I will re-evaluate my goals, my time-management, and start fresh. My journey and journalling will continue. And I hope you all continue the journey with me!

Some pictures to show you my progress. The first one was taken 12-25-07 in IL. I was at my heaviest around 216 lbs. The second picture was taken 12-22-08 at about 163 lbs.

Good luck to all of you on your goals!!! You can make it happen!

P3260476.jpg?t=1231105738

P2181127_2.jpg?t=1231106010

Replies

• briblue72
    Options
    Today is the 1-year anniversary of joining MFP. I have lost roughly 53 pounds and I couldn't be happier. While I set out to lose 60 pounds this year, I am satisfied with what I've done.

The calorie counter, the progress charts, the message boards, the incredible amount of support and inspiration from MFP family members... I couldn't have done it without you!

A lot has happened this year. I went on my honeymoon, moved across the country, started a new job, stayed away from cigarettes (almost 2 years now), met new friends, and became a lot healthier. Who knows what 2009 will hold!?!?

The holidays are over, I'm rested, and work starts back tomorrow - - I am ready to move forward with my goals. I want to wear dresses this summer. I will re-evaluate my goals, my time-management, and start fresh. My journey and journalling will continue. And I hope you all continue the journey with me!

Some pictures to show you my progress. The first one was taken 12-25-07 in IL. I was at my heaviest around 216 lbs. The second picture was taken 12-22-08 at about 163 lbs.

Good luck to all of you on your goals!!! You can make it happen!

P3260476.jpg?t=1231105738

P2181127_2.jpg?t=1231106010
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! You look great!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! You look fab hun, well done :drinker:
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    WOW, congratulations! You look amazing! Fabulous!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! You look great!

I'll second that! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look fantastic!! :drinker:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    OMG you look terrific!! Congrats to you :drinker: :drinker:

Your OH looks like he lost a little weight too!!:laugh:
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Incredible Job...I hope your journey continues full of success!!! You look awesome, and proud and comfortable with your body! Awesome work!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great!:flowerforyou:
  • lovesanirishman
    Options
    WOW! You look great. I hope I'll be posting the same types of pics a year from now. Keep up the good work!
  • maryeray
    Options
    Congratulations, every time I hear a story like yours it inspires me to keep going this time!!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary to you!!!

Plus, Congratulations, you look fabulous.

Another inspirational story.

Love to see these.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chelseachick
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing job you've done and all in one year. You look fabulous!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! We both had 1 years this week!!

keep on keeping on....:flowerforyou: :smokin:
  • briblue72
    Options
    OMG you look terrific!! Congrats to you :drinker: :drinker:

Your OH looks like he lost a little weight too!!:laugh:

Hahaha! He's been a trooper through it all! He really didn't have to lose any weight...
  • briblue72
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! We both had 1 years this week!!

keep on keeping on....:flowerforyou: :smokin:

Happy Anniversary! Seems like we're both on the "slow-and-steady" plan!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    53 pounds lighter & 10 years younger!! :noway:

WTG!!! :drinker:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    53 pounds lighter & 10 years younger!! :noway:

WTG!!! :drinker:

I agree 100%.
  • holly_berry
    Options
    oh wow u look great!!!!!! i hope i can be as devoted as you clearly have been!!!!!!!:wink:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with everyone else... you look fantastic! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!