Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

c25k, I'm sure this question has been answered..

...but I really hate trying to search these forums.

Today I ran my c25k week 3 day 3 and then week 3 day 2 directly after because I want to make sure I run the full 5k distance. Does anyone see a problem with this as long as I am not pushing myself to the point of dizziness or exhaustion? Anyone else done this?

I really do want to know what you guys think and appreciate any advice given!!

Thanks!
Mojo

Replies

• ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Yeah, I personally see something wrong with it. :) There are rest days in between runs for a reason. That recovery period is just as important as the runs themselves. I wouldn't worry about running the full distance before the race. The adrenaline and other factors will definitely carry you through on race day. I speak from experience.
  • jogdog
    jogdog Posts: 89 Member
    I really don't see too much wrong with that, but make sure you give yourself a day off. If your breathing, heartrate, running form, and body were "normal" you shouldn't be worried at all. Sometimes after a few weeks, your body will get used to what you're doing and you can really start seeing and feeling an improvement in your running. But one important thing is to remember that you don't want to do too much too fast. Sometimes it's good to see if you can make the distance you're trying for or do a time trial, but you still need to try and stick to your plan. I've used a modified plan of this for some of my beginner crosscountry runners and they are running beatuifully now. If you have a plan stick to it.