Boy what a day!

Options
This could be long!!!

All was good when I got up, untikl I had a text from my eldest son's GF, she was begging for my help, as my 17 yr old son asked her for sex last night, and she (16yr old) refused.
She begged me to help her to get him to understand why she's not ready.
My DH & I sat down, had a calm chat with our son, he went to work, as did I, then 3 hrs later, I get a phone call from his works - he walked out an hour ago, had I heard from him!
We found him, he's upstairs now, but he refuses to take any responsibility for his actions.
I'm going to phone the duty mental health team tomorrow, as I think he needs his psychiatric appointment now - not in two weeks time as they had suggested. :noway:
I'm wondering, if I have him sectioned for a few weeks, if it would do him some good, I hate talknig like this, but I can't lie awake wondering if he;s lying in his bed safe and sound, or if he's walked out again :grumble:

Not sure just how much more I can take of this, I ploughed myself into my goal of burning 1,000 calories today - my way of keeping away from comfort food - it worked, but I wouldn't like to have to do it every day, my limbs are screaming 'NO MORE,PLEASE, NO MORE' :laugh:

Sorry to vent about the same old - AGAIN !!! But I'm really not sure what to do for the best, and I'd rather talk to you guys than find a friend in a chocolate bar!

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    This could be long!!!

All was good when I got up, untikl I had a text from my eldest son's GF, she was begging for my help, as my 17 yr old son asked her for sex last night, and she (16yr old) refused.
    She begged me to help her to get him to understand why she's not ready.
    My DH & I sat down, had a calm chat with our son, he went to work, as did I, then 3 hrs later, I get a phone call from his works - he walked out an hour ago, had I heard from him!
    We found him, he's upstairs now, but he refuses to take any responsibility for his actions.
    I'm going to phone the duty mental health team tomorrow, as I think he needs his psychiatric appointment now - not in two weeks time as they had suggested. :noway:
    I'm wondering, if I have him sectioned for a few weeks, if it would do him some good, I hate talknig like this, but I can't lie awake wondering if he;s lying in his bed safe and sound, or if he's walked out again :grumble:

Not sure just how much more I can take of this, I ploughed myself into my goal of burning 1,000 calories today - my way of keeping away from comfort food - it worked, but I wouldn't like to have to do it every day, my limbs are screaming 'NO MORE,PLEASE, NO MORE' :laugh:

Sorry to vent about the same old - AGAIN !!! But I'm really not sure what to do for the best, and I'd rather talk to you guys than find a friend in a chocolate bar!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Poor Jackie! I hope you can get things figured out. Thats sad. I have no advice for you but I wish you all the best!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    dunno what to say Jackie, hope everything works out for the best and ill be thinking of ye :flowerforyou:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for what you are going through....being the mother of a teenager is NOT, I repeat NOT easy. I have a daughter that turned 18 a couple of months ago...I feel your pain....there are times that you just want to toss in the towel. I hope you get things worked out.:heart: Leigh Ann
  • Bride092909
    Options
    IT sounds like you're doing the best you can...keep at it!
    We are all here for you!

And from someone who was once a teen with many an issues (perhaps not the exact same as your son's, but similar)...many of us eventually get the help we need and see things as they are and from there can start rebuilding relationships.

Good luck and God bless,

98244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • chelseachick
    Options
    Stick to your goals and remember your at your best when you feel your best. So the best mom you can be is by doing what's best for you. You're son is responsible for his actions all you can do is be supportive of him doing the right thing - but he has to do the right thing! I feel for you - my girls are just entering thier teens and I wonder how I'll stay sane.

Stay strong!!!!!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :flowerforyou:
    I'm just gonna go through this the same way I do with my wieght loss -one day at a time, and jsut try to keep my son from walking out. Thing is, he seems to not know where he is, what he's doing, or where he'll end up when he gets these episodes.
    I don't want to have him sectioned, but if it's the only way to keep him safe, I'll do it.

I'm just gonna talk to the metnal health team tomorrow, see what they say.

Nite nite everyone, I'm off to bed - it's 10:45pm here, and I',m just about done in this evening.

:flowerforyou: