Christmas ONEderland (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• DMRN0125
    Options
    Good Morning!

I just found the closed thread :laugh:

How was everybody's weekend? I actually managed to eat out and still stay within my calorie range. I finally gathered the courage to special order my meals. I asked our server if he could just bring me a big bowl of romaine lettuce and a grilled chicken breast with no salt and they said no problem! I dont know why I have always felt weird about doing this but now I know to speak up and ask for what I want.

SW: 251
    CW: I dont know. I am only weighing myself on the 1st and 15th to avoid focusing on the scale as a measure of success.

9/1: 251lbs
    9/15:
    10/1:
    10/15:
    11/1:
    11/15:
    12/1:
    12/15:
    12/25:
  • DMRN0125
    Options
    Hey Lisa!

I used to struggle with the same thing. My DH and I go out to dinner every Friday for a date night of sorts. I always would end up frustrated on weigh in day because I probably under estimated what I ate. What I started doing (and still do) is I workout a little extra on the day I am planning to indulge. So for your situation, why not go out for a nice long walk before dinner or that morning and earn some extra exercise calories? I think limiting yourself during the week could potentially lead to feeling deprived and could cause a binge mentality. Like "Oh I didnt eat such and such during the week so I can have ___" You could also save up your exercise calories for the week and use them on Sunday. So if you worked out 3 days and earned 120 calories each time you exercised, you would have 360 calories extra on Sunday. I know the tracker doesnt give you this option but I used to be a weight watcher and a lot of successful members used that method.

Just my experience and of course everyone is different.
  • gmz1026
    gmz1026 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm late to post my Friday weigh in!!

SW: 219 lbs
    9/2: 219 lbs
    9/9: 218.5

This is going sloooooow.
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a challenge and I'm hoping you guys can offer advice!

I tend to have big dinners with the family on Sunday. Mashed potatoes, steak/roast, veggies, etc. It's the one day of the week I have tons of trouble with.

Here's what I'm thinking:

- I eat a little less during the week, and save calories for Sunday
    - I eat and enjoy my family dinner, without the guilt associated with indulgence

Has anyone had any success managing their calories over a week-long period, rather than looking at them day-by-day? I'm thining that if this is supposed to be a "lifestyle change" and not just a "diet", I need to find a way to work it in to my everyday life. My Sunday dinner is something I cherish and look forward to. I don't want to have to work it out of my life in order to get down to my goal weight. There has to be some kind of a way to have balance, right?

What do you guys think?

Lisa
    aka Prettypooks

Nothing wrg with eating just in moderation. The food you have listed above sounds great. Just take a lil bit of the potatoes, steak and mostly veggies and you will be good. If you deprive yourself to much doing the week the weekend could be bad. Because once you get that good food on you tongue you will go wild (or is that just me!). If you want to eat more than usually on Sundays just amp up your workout to earn more calories.
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey Lisa!

I used to struggle with the same thing. My DH and I go out to dinner every Friday for a date night of sorts. I always would end up frustrated on weigh in day because I probably under estimated what I ate. What I started doing (and still do) is I workout a little extra on the day I am planning to indulge. So for your situation, why not go out for a nice long walk before dinner or that morning and earn some extra exercise calories? I think limiting yourself during the week could potentially lead to feeling deprived and could cause a binge mentality. Like "Oh I didnt eat such and such during the week so I can have ___" You could also save up your exercise calories for the week and use them on Sunday. So if you worked out 3 days and earned 120 calories each time you exercised, you would have 360 calories extra on Sunday. I know the tracker doesnt give you this option but I used to be a weight watcher and a lot of successful members used that method.

Just my experience and of course everyone is different.

LOL what she said :0)
  • prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

I've really upped my weight workouts and cardio over the last week. My stepson and I take kickboxing now 2x per week, and karate 1x per week, on top of my usual exercise. The training involved with the kickboxing classes (plyometrics) have also got me really interested in that type of exercise. Maybe the increased exercise will help with Sundays!

I'll also try and eat a bit more in moderation. I just find it hard to push away half a t-bone steak! Mind you, I guess that's why I'm here in the first place, right?

L.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    OK wiegh in day for me !:happy:
    SW:226 (preMFP)
    last weeks wieght:215.6
    CW 214
    total weight loss 1.6 pounds YAY:bigsmile:

And I had a NSV this week. I fit into a size large shirt for the first time in forever (and it was new to not like an old one I had already streched out) .So Im pretty happy
  • DMRN0125
    Options
    Nice loss!
  • jenbit
    Options
    thanks
  • amberleemoore
    amberleemoore Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Okay this may be a dumb question but what is NSV? I see it all the time
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Non scale victory
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a challenge and I'm hoping you guys can offer advice!

I tend to have big dinners with the family on Sunday. Mashed potatoes, steak/roast, veggies, etc. It's the one day of the week I have tons of trouble with.

Here's what I'm thinking:

- I eat a little less during the week, and save calories for Sunday
    - I eat and enjoy my family dinner, without the guilt associated with indulgence

Has anyone had any success managing their calories over a week-long period, rather than looking at them day-by-day? I'm thining that if this is supposed to be a "lifestyle change" and not just a "diet", I need to find a way to work it in to my everyday life. My Sunday dinner is something I cherish and look forward to. I don't want to have to work it out of my life in order to get down to my goal weight. There has to be some kind of a way to have balance, right?

What do you guys think?

Lisa
    aka Prettypooks

What day do you weigh in each week? I ask because I used to weigh in on Mondays but I noticed my eating habits weren't as good on the weekends, so I started weighing in on Friday mornings instead. Then, I allow myself ONE MEAL during the weekend where I don't have to count the calories (I still log everything, but I don't worry about going over by a few hundred calories). Then I figure out how much I went over by that day (say 300 calories over) and I take those calories out of the weekdays (so I'd take out 100 calories from Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday). Then on Friday, I weigh and I still see a loss so far. I hope this makes sense!

Here's what I mean... I stick to 1200 cal/day. That is 8400 cal/week. So here is what one week may look like (my weeks start on Friday, weigh in day)

Friday - 1200 calories
    Saturday - 1200 calories
    Sunday - 1500 calories
    Monday - 1100 calories
    Tuesday - 1100 calories
    Wednesday - 1100 calories
    Thursday - 1200 calories
    Friday - weigh in & start week over

I don't always go over on the weekends, so usually I am still doing 1200/day. Also, I refuse to count calories for holiday dinners. I count Thanksgiving, Christmas, anniversary, and my birthday as "holidays". So FOUR days PER YEAR I am probably going to go WAY over on calories (I'll log breakfast & lunch and I'll eat very light, but I won't even log dinner on those four days. I will probably see a small gain the next weigh in, but it should be easy to re-lose. I figure if I'm eating at a deficit 361 days a year and eating at maintenance (or even a little more than maintenance) the other 4, I should still see an overall loss. Hope this helps!
  • DMRN0125
    Options
    Its weigh in day and my birthday!! The scale was good to me =)

SW: 251.3
    9/15: 244.7

Im challenging myself to really watch my sugar intake because each day I am going over by a little and I want to see if I can limit that to one or two days a week.
  • gmz1026
    Options
    Its weigh in day and my birthday!! The scale was good to me =)

SW: 251.3
    9/15: 244.7

Im challenging myself to really watch my sugar intake because each day I am going over by a little and I want to see if I can limit that to one or two days a week.

Happy Birthday!!! And Congrats on a great loss!!! :)
  • jenbit
    Options
    Nice loss and Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • DMRN0125
    Options
    Thank you!
  • prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks mandimoore617! That does help.

I usually weigh in on Fridays. I had a 2.1 lb loss this week, and 4.25 inches off my body! It's a good day. :)
  • Theselast50lbs
    Options
    SW : 214
    CW: 209
    GW: 199
    Total lost for this month : 5lbs
    Going to try to attend 2 spinning classes this week.
  • gmz1026
    Options
    Weigh in day! The scale finally moved!

SW: 219 lbs
    9/2: 219 lbs
    9/9: 218.5
    9/16: 216.5

Lost 2 pounds! Woo!
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    SW for challenge: 227
    September 9 - 224.2 (lost 2.8)
    CW - September 16 - 221.8 (-2.4 yay!)
    September 23 -
    September 30 -
    October 7 -
    October 14 -
    October 21 -
    October 28 -
    November 4 -
    November 11 -
    November 18 - (Day before my b-day!)
    November 25 - (Exactly one month before Christmas!)
    December 2 -
    December 9 -
    December 16 -
    December 23 - Should be at 199 or lower!

My challenge for this weekend: Drink lots of water!! And no late night snacking or alcohol!! Last weekend I gained 2.5lbs just over the weekend since I had two awful drunkfest on Friday and Saturday night.. damn alcohol! Which means that I had to loose those 2lbs + 2 more to achieve my goal. Now if I don’t gain maybe I’ll be able to loose 3 lbs next week?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dmrn0125!! :flowerforyou: