Vinegar and Water?

Options
Someone just came into my office and had lost about 100 pounds and was telling me about the vinegar and water diet... just adding a glass of vinegar and water (about 3 tsp vinegar) before bed-- been reading online a bit about it... anyone know anything about it?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I heard it was sour.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I heard it will make you smell like Easter eggs.

Diet and exercise are really your best strategy, though.
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    THere are all kinds of articles on line about apple cider vinegar and weight loss. Never tried it myself because I just can't stomach it! ICK!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I heard it causes you to vomit, hence the weight loss.
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    They say to drink the vinegar before meals because it will decrease your appetite and you don't eat as much. Doesn't seem to have any scientific basis though. Maybe old wives' tales?
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Lenon juice in hot water in the am really jump started my sister-in-law but she did the work too. She walked a lot and ate well. The acids has something to do with some people's body chemistry. Not enough acid or something?
  • deviouslady
    Options
    Lemon juice is a diuretic and the hot water stimulates the bladder is what I was told my a 'weightloss clinic" I went to.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar is a good aid for the digestive system....but of course, it should be a supplement, not the magic potion. She probably forgot to tell you that she also did everything else... healthy diet, exercise....
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Sounds douchealicious to me.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I can't vouch that it will help you lose weight, but I can tell you that it will improve digestion and can help resolve some conditions related to bad digestion. It can help you feel better in general too.

You can't use just any apple cider vinegar - "Heinz" won't cut it. You have to get an unfiltered, unpasteurized brand like Braggs for it to do the job .

Apple Cider Vinegar DID get rid of a really big wart I got in my scalp...for what it's worth.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If there was a miraculous way to lose weight, people would know about it.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options

you beat me to it!!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I can't vouch that it will help you lose weight, but I can tell you that it will improve digestion and can help resolve some conditions related to bad digestion. It can help you feel better in general too.

You can't use just any apple cider vinegar - "Heinz" won't cut it. You have to get an unfiltered, unpasteurized brand like Braggs for it to do the job .

Apple Cider Vinegar DID get rid of a really big wart I got in my scalp...for what it's worth.

It removed a wart from my son's knee. Works great for those.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Good for cleaning windows
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Someone just came into my office and had lost about 100 pounds and was telling me about the vinegar and water diet... just adding a glass of vinegar and water (about 3 tsp vinegar) before bed-- been reading online a bit about it... anyone know anything about it?

I'm sure more was done to lose 100 lbs than just drink vinegar in water. Unless that's all he/she consumed!
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    According to this nice lady from the Mayo Clinic, it doesn't work:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/apple-cider-vinegar-for-weight-loss/AN01816
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options

That's funny~
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options

I just snorted diet wild cherry pepsi all over my keyboard....
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt that this is the only thing your coworker did to lose 100 pounds. I think this is a terrible idea. For some reason, some people do silly, stupid, and/or disgusting things to make them think they are losing weight. This is one of them.

As with anything, if you begin to change the way you think about something, such as weight loss, you begin to see the bigger picture, and you won’t resort to things like this.

My suggestion is to start thinking about your overall health first, and weight loss second. And to not listen to your coworker.