A bit 'backed up'

Options
I am a bit 'backed up' - if you know what I mean. I need suggestions on 'moving' things along gently and preferably naturally.
Thanks for the help.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Prunes.
  • lollyreddevil
    lollyreddevil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have this problem and the only real natural solution is to drink lots! If you struggle with plain water (I do) then try squash (reduced sugar if you can). Good luck!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I am a bit 'backed up' - if you know what I mean. I need suggestions on 'moving' things along gently and preferably naturally.
    Thanks for the help.

I don't know what you mean.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Have you tried Traditional Medicionals Smooth Move tea? Usually works pretty good for me. They have a regular and chocolate flavored. I didn't like the chocolate but the other one isn't too bad.
  • ctprofessional
    ctprofessional Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I took the Align(probiotic) 7 day challenge and I'm hooked!!! this is a great way to regulate your entire digestive system not just a symptom
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You need to up your soluable fiber.... I have suffered with this myself for years and found the best way was having a portion of oats everyday for example.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Traditional Medicionals Smooth Move tea? Usually works pretty good for me. They have a regular and chocolate flavored. I didn't like the chocolate but the other one isn't too bad.

Ditto
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Need more fiber in your diet.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You need more fiber in your diet.
    Multigrain bread.
    Vegetables
    Fruit
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't normally have this problem. I tend to have the opposite problem.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I found a plunger or a plumbers snake works wonders
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Crap. I don't know if I can pass on any information about this matter. I feel like a waste for being so sh!tty.
  • percussionbeat
    percussionbeat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely prunes. Or prune juice. Never failed to help me out when I needed a push ;)
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I get metamucil or Benefiber and that helps me get going again within a day or two. Hope this helps.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Mix some Benefiber or Metamucil into a large glass of water

Step 2: Eat a giant salad with no dressing, drinking sips of the water between each bite

Step 3: Wait 10 minutes

Step 4: Run to the bathroom.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Fiber One cereal and Prune juice :happy:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    My doc recommended a Probiotic every day. It helps regulate your system in many ways.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Ditto!! Very effective. It's in the organic section of the grocery store usually...I've only tried regular. I don't sweeten it, I just chug it. And then patiently wait for about six hours and VOILA...(although to be fair, it wasn't always so "smooth" hahahah). ;o)
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    A little apple cider vinegar in your water a couple times a day.
    Also anything fermented like kimichi and tempeh.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Stool softener like Doc-Q-Lace and some fiber like metamucil