Day 3

Options
So I am reaching the end of day 3. I have been doing okay so far. My problem is that after lunch and dinner I have this overwhelming urge for Chocolate or something sweet. How do you control that?? Also since I have started back I have kept a wicked headache. I have cut my soda down to 1 can a day. Is that what is causing my headaches?

Replies

• logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    Options
    So I am reaching the end of day 3. I have been doing okay so far. My problem is that after lunch and dinner I have this overwhelming urge for Chocolate or something sweet. How do you control that?? Also since I have started back I have kept a wicked headache. I have cut my soda down to 1 can a day. Is that what is causing my headaches?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Cutting caffeine will definately cause a headache. I cut out all of my soft drinks! I have had only water and coffee for a week straight. Ok for sweets try Jello pudding cups that are 60 calories and fat free or the jello cups that are 10 calories and fat free. You can put light cool whip out of a can on them and that isn't many calories and it takes away that sweet craving. And I also bought some original fudgsicles that are only 40 calories each. I hope this helps some! Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I get caffeine withdrawal headaches... it could be. Do you dislike diet soda? There's always coffee or tea (unsweetened or "fake" sweetened) for low or no cal caffeine. Just watch out for those coffee creamers! You'd be amazed at how many calories are in them! Even the fat free and sugar free versions rack up the calories pretty quickly.

& congrats on 3 good days in a row! :flowerforyou:
  • fearlessliving
    fearlessliving Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Your headache could be sugar withdrawals. That happens to me right after I quit eating sweets. It takes a lot of self discipline, but try drinking a cup of water if you start craving sweets. It should help fill up your stomach some. Look for healthy snacks in replacement of sugar sweets like a protein bar or fruit or yogurt .... They don't taste as good (of course!), but you'll eventually lose the craving for sugar sweets. It takes me at least 3 days to stop craving sweets after I stop eating them. Good luck with the soda. You could try diet soda and slowly ease yourself off of it all together.
  • fearlessliving
    fearlessliving Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    P.S. Are you drinking enough water? I hear that headaches sometimes mean your body wants water. Anyone else heard of this?
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    have some chocolate just a small amount, if you hold out you'll break and eat more then you should. the headache is from the lack of caffein, becarefull of just cutting out the caffein it will send you on wicked trip, good luck start small it's a long hall
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I like to have a light hott chocolate to curb my cravings! Most have around 40 calories. Best of luck!!
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    sister, i hear ya. i had it rough rough rough on day 1 and 2, but i'm now on day four, with zero headache. just push through, even if you have to sleep through it. i had a major nap yesterday and when i got up alot of my headache was gone. i'm told the headaches are normal, just work through it. only a couple more days. most important thing, for me, was not having any sweets.
  • chickadee10
    Options
    Trying chewing a piece of gum.
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    When I get the chocolate cravings.....I eat a small amount of very dark chocolate...60% cocoa or higher...one of my favorites is 85% Takes very little to satisfy me....You are doing great. Keep it up...I get a headache if I do not have at least one cup of coffee in the morning...
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    I got really bad chocolate cravings late at night...mainly for chocolate ice cream, I got a recipe from someone on here to solve that...You take Low fat Gram crakers, use some sugar free chocolate syrup and whipped cream to make chocolate whipped cream (low fat whipped cream works better) then you put about 3-4 tablespoons of that between 2 gram crackers, wrap them in foil and freeze it. Each square...(half of this recipe) is only 90 calories!!!! I love them and am addicted to them. I also like putting light peanut butter on Apple cinnamon rice cakes...that is a favorite too...anyway, it helps me...I hope it helps you too...good luck.
  • logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I'm not a big fan of Jello, but I will definetly try the pudding. The graham cracker idea sounds delicious.:love: I am a HUGE sweets person. I am really proud of myself for doing as well as I have the past three days. But i am fully aware of the long road ahead of me. I have this cycle were I do really good for a week or two then something happens. It may be work related or personal and I go on a binge and it just snowballs out of control. That is what the past couple of months have been like since Mom died.:brokenheart:

I am so thankful for this site and each and every one of you. I need this support like you don't even know.

Hugs