Anxiety and eating

2»

Replies

• Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Also are you keeping a daily journal. It really helps to get it out on paper so there's less to think about and it is a bit of a mental release. If your having a bad day or for any day just write it down at night and read it back to yourself and you will see if there's a pattern of what sets your anxiety off or makes you upset. And maybe you can find a solution. Hope this helps. I know keeping a personal journal really helps. Besides it gets expensive when you go "Piss me off shopping". Just had to throw that in there....lol
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    What triggers your anxiety?

A lot of things trigger my anxiety. Things I need to get done, worrying about the future...etc.. I am worrier, and being a procrastinator does not help...

I am a great worrier, especially when I go to bed, worry about my job, my kids, the house, and so on. I have found meditation a great help. I use guided meditations from Meditation Oasis and Meditation Station (they both have many free meditations).
  • Also are you keeping a daily journal. It really helps to get it out on paper so there's less to think about and it is a bit of a mental release. If your having a bad day or for any day just write it down at night and read it back to yourself and you will see if there's a pattern of what sets your anxiety off or makes you upset. And maybe you can find a solution. Hope this helps. I know keeping a personal journal really helps. Besides it gets expensive when you go "Piss me off shopping". Just had to throw that in there....lol

Thanks for the advise. I will start keeping a journal. Piss me off shopping! I love it...lol..:laugh:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    If you do take B vitamins, make sure to take them in the morning. Some people experience bad and/or vivid dreams when they take B vitamins, which will not help you. I've found that if I take them in the morning, I do fine, but if I take them in the afternoon or evening I don't rest well.
  • People here have pretty much covered everything from taking antidepressants, herbal teas and dealing with problems right away. I also did a year of Zoloft and honestly that was what I needed my whole life to calm down my chronic anger and anxiety. But working out in a gym 3-4 times a week with a friend was what got me out of bad emotional shape for good. I swear to God to never go and take meds for my mental state. I would suggest going out to some dance aerobics classes, yoga classes(pilates or body balance twice a week) and weight lifting. Doing some household chores also helps me feel better about myself and motivates me to take care of other obligations as well. Think positive and stay away from stress
This discussion has been closed.