Dealing with events

mcmavis
mcmavis Posts: 4
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All,

I'm new to MFP. Very new, in fact I started yesterday. I got married 2 1/2 months ago and with all the company, events and craziness, I've gained about 15lbs over my weight at my wedding. That is done and I'm getting back on track and now aim to lose 40 lbs.

Yesterday was easy and I was under my daily limit and went to the gym. Today though I'm going to a pot luck. I'm taking healthy food and I've thought out my strategy around eating veggies and healthy dishes and only having 2 light beers. However, I'm wondering if I can use some of the calories I didn't use from yesterday (I also have left over exercise room)? I know at least some amazing dish is going to tempt me. I don't want to sabotage myself and I'm being accountable, I'm just wondering what this plan says about what in weight watchers was called "weekly points".

Thanks!

Replies

• There's a big difference in planning ahead to indulge a bit (with moderation) and then get back to it, versus showing up with great intentions, blowing it, and tossing all care to the wind as a result.

Sounds like you are in control, so just enjoy the time and realize that one dinner over the 5 or 6 months it may take you to lose the 40 is not going to make a bit of difference.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    I wouldn't worry about it. We all have days where we need to splurge. Also, I find that changing up my calories each day, having some days where I'm under and then one where I'm over can actually be helpful because it kick starts your metabolism.

And welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want any extra support!
  • genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    I am in love with tiny plates and soup spoons. At the brunch buffet we like to go to I get the tiny plate and use a soup spoon to take a scoop of what I like. A scoop as in one.

It's amazing how full you still feel.
This discussion has been closed.