Not eating exercise calories for treats one day on weekend?

Options
Has anyone ever saved their exercise calories so that they can have one not so healthy meal on the weekend? Just curious.

Replies

• rebby
    rebby Posts: 11
    Options
    Has anyone ever saved their exercise calories so that they can have one not so healthy meal on the weekend? Just curious.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    you burn calories everyday, you really can't save them up, one days intake should be less then one days out put, to have a loss in weight
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do that sometimes just within a particular day. Like if I know we are going somewhere special or an occasion/party. I save some or do a ton more cardio to build up enough cushion for the evening. I think it is a great thing to do every once in a while. Besides, we have to indulge sometimes so we don't deprive ourselves!!! :wink:
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    I think you could safely roll over *some* calories for up to 1 day (i.e. exercise more on Friday and eat a treat meal on Saturday). Everything says you need to have a 3500 calorie deficit/week (or an average of 500/day) to lose a pound, so I think as long as you're not going overboard, it will even out between the two days. But that's just my 2 cents.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    actually you can "save" calories. Daily Calorie intake is merely an average weekly intake so if you are allowed 1500 calories a day you can say in essence you are allowed 10500 calories a week, you can break that 10500 up anyway you like having both high and low days.

This change will also keep your body guessing and keep it from getting complacent with the same calorie level day after day
  • rebby
    rebby Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks I thought we could do something like that, I remember reading something Jillian Michaels had wrote about switching the calories up? Thanks
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound healthy to me. It almost sounds like a mild eating disorder... denying foods now so you can mini-binge later. I don't think that is what your question was implying... I think you are just looking for a way to have a 'cheat day'. In my opinion, if you want to eat an unhealthy meal, eat it! Just do a little extra exercise if you can, or just don't worry. One meal won't sabatoge your weight loss. It's all about moderation.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound healthy to me. It almost sounds like a mild eating disorder... denying foods now so you can mini-binge later. I don't think that is what your question was implying... I think you are just looking for a way to have a 'cheat day'. In my opinion, if you want to eat an unhealthy meal, eat it! Just do a little extra exercise if you can, or just don't worry. One meal won't sabatoge your weight loss. It's all about moderation.

I'm with you, your post makes good sense for being able to live with the changes in eating long term. Not just while dieting to lose weight.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    You could do that for the day before and the day after, but I don't think for whole week is wise.