New treadmill, different results..?

Options
been running for awhile now...lost all my weight via running on the treadmill...also belong to Anytime Fitness. just this week they opened up a new location that is like a 2min. walk from my front door, problem is that their new treadmill is completely different then the one i have used for about a year.

i was running around 4miles 6days a week...now with this new treadmill 2miles feels just terrible! im more tired then pumped up from the 4 i used to run.

anyone ever exp. this? my thinking is that i might have to just re-learn my running on this new treadmill...since im not willing to drive 20min to the old Anytime...

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Let me be honest... I am incredibly picky about my treadmill. I started running on a Matrix brand treadmill at Snap Fitness and it was honestly the ONLY treadmill I could run on. Every time I tried to run on a different one, I struggled. From back pain to weird tingling in my foot to feeling like I was going to fall off the base of it.

When I started thinking about switching gyms, I went to so many different gyms trying to find a treadmill I liked. It was ridiculous.

A month ago, I FINALLY found a gym with a treadmill I actually like. It is an adjustment for me since it is very different from the ones at Snap, but overall? I know once I am completely used to it I will really like them.

Give it a bit of time to adjust. If you have to - scale back your running while your body adjusts. Don't push it and end up hurt.

:)
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    my gym has 3 different types of treadmills and i certainly have my favorite one. i do try and switch it up with using different ones though. there is one that i absoutely HATE and loathe when i must get on it lol.
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i bought a cheap treadmill that offers the basics. i've always found it very difficult to complete the miles i aim for on that treadmill but always assumed it was just that i don't care for treadmills. every chance i got i would run outside on the street or a paved path instead. last week it was raining and i couldn't stand the thought of going home to old faithful to run so i went to the (only) gym in the town i live in to use one of the nice treadmills for a change. i am in love! i ran 15 minutes longer than usual and actually enjoyed it! i am now saving up to buy myself a better treadmill for days that i can't run outside.