Tips on Water

Options
Water is a very import part of our life. The function it does for our body is unreal. It keeps our organs functioning, our skin smooth and helps us to loose weight. If you drink ONE GALLON OF ICE COLD WATER a day you will burn 123 calories. For every ounce of ICE COLD water we drink, it will burn one calorie, just to heat the water to our body temperature. Drinking water is very benificial to weight lose. A tip to help drink that amount of water is to get a 32 ounce insulated bottle, put 4 rubber bands around it, take one rubber band off every time you go to refill it. After the four rubber bands are gone you have drand your watter. You can also use a 26 ounce bottle and use 5 rubber bands. Another tip is to use a straw to drink you water. We tend to drink more when we use a straw.

Thank you

Replies

• Finigan84
    Options
    The rubber band idea is great! Thanks
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The rubber band idea is a great idea as I always have a hard time figuring out how much I've already had for the day.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I have heard a suggestion for us ladies. Wear 8 bangles on your wrist and when you drink a cup of water pull the bangle off your left wrist and move it to your right (or vice versa). I have yet to try it out but it sounds like a great idea!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    The more you drink water, the more you'll realize you only want to drink water. I'm a waterholic. I love water and chug it all day. My doctor actually told me to be careful that I don't drink to much water. I am not worried about this.

If you are working on drinking more water, the best way I found was to carry a water bottle around with you and fill it as you empty it. You will always have water around and you will get use to drinking it more. If you are a soda drinker, it may take a week or 2 to get use to drinking water, and you will crave your soda, but I promise this will pass, if you stay up on your water intake.
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It took me a while, but I really like drinking water now! It's easy to get my 8 cups in, especially when it's hot out like it has been. One problem I have encountered is that I now have to wake up in the middle of the night every night to use the restroom! It's really frustrating, I'm only 24 I shouldn't have that problem! I stop drinking water about 3 hours before bed time. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you deal with it?
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have a 24OZ double insulated cup with a straw...I fill and empty that puppy 5 times a day...I have only had water (aside from a coffee here and there) for the last month. :D

I feel great! I also put all those trips to the bathroom to good use....I started doing out doing 10 squats every time (1,000 in 10 days) and now I am on to side lunges with the same goal 1,000 in 10 days. My butt and legs are going to look fabulous :D
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I like the rubber band idea!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I like the rubber band idea!