Weight Loss Injections? Thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is what you should be shooting for if you want healthy, sustainable weight loss. (Of course, some people do lose more upfront and that's ok, too, if it's just a result of the life change.) Beware of quick weight loss gimicks. They may or may not work, but they also may not be sustainable. Don't worry about losing so much so fast - you want to give your skin time to shrink as you lose, right?
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is great!

I would not trust the weight loss clinics that try to get you addicted to believing you need their shots and other services to lose weight. A lot of those places are really scams.
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I started writing this post yesterday then went to post it and discovered I no longer had internet connection, or tv, or lights or anything else that runs on electricity. That's right - the great So Cal blackout directly effected me posting to MFP. Happy to have power (and all that comes with it back now).

Anyway, I found a deal on line with a weightloss clinic that includes six shots each of B6, B12 and Lipo-B. They say the recommend the shots 2-3 times a week. It also includes nutrition counseling and a diet plan (not a prepared one, but food you shop for and prepare yourself). They said the recommended diet is a high protein, low carb and low fat diet.

I've been doing good sticking to my calories (1200-1300 a day) and working out almost daily, but I don't feel as though the pounds are coming off as they should given the drastic changes I have made. I've lost about 6lbs in the past 6 weeks. I know the injections are not a long term solution or fix-all, I'm really just looking for something to jump start my weight loss so I begin to see and feel a difference and don't get frusteredated and loose motivation.

Has anyone tried the injections? What was your experience? Thanks!

I have experience with this. It worked phenomenally. I lost 10.6 my first week, and lost an average of 1-2 lbs a week. I got injections and they gave me a diet plan. it was fairly cheap. So sure it works. But if you consider that average weight loss IS 1-2lbs a week and that the diet they have you on is a 1200cal one, you are paying them to give you a shot of B-12, when you are already losing the weight that you should be. I lost 50lbs in 6 months. It's the same result as working hard, and you work hard anyways you just also lose money. It's not worth it when you are losing the weight anyways.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It's an expensive placebo more than anything else. It's like you put a slice of baloney in your shoe, maintained a consistent calorie deficit, did 6 hours of cardio per week, 3 hours of strength training, lost weight, and then tried to claim it was because of the "magic baloney".

This is just more magic baloney.